Ben Eblen Won't Be Back

Mistachill

Elite Member
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/08/backup_guard_ben_eblen_wont_be.html

Backup guard Ben Eblen will not be back for a fourth season, he and Alabama coach Anthony Grant announced Wednesday.

"I want to thank the basketball program, the University, the Tuscaloosa community and my teammates for the best three years of my life," Eblen said in a news release.

Funny how things work out. Four years ago Shaka's first priority was to convince Ben to follow through on his commitment to VCU. Now Shaka is the man and Ben really wasted (in terms of on-court impact) three years of his college basketball career.

Oh well. Best of luck to him!

It would be nasty if he transferred to VCU. A lot of members here were high on him. Yeah, dude. Good luck. We got Tremendous and Shaka; and Coach Grant continues to search, and be pretty much nothing in Tuscaloosa. It is also telling that none of his first recruiting class the Magnificent 7, or whatever it was named by "?", transferred there.

It would be nasty if he transferred to VCU. A lot of members here were high on him. Yeah, dude. Good luck. We got Tremendous and Shaka; and Coach Grant continues to search, and be pretty much nothing in Tuscaloosa. It is also telling that none of his first recruiting class the Magnificent 7, or whatever it was named by "?", transferred there.

I think his ship is sinking fast

Not Eblen either, he is on track to graduate in December. His basketball may be done, but he looks to be getting that degree.

I think they recruited over him and he knew he wouldn't step foot on the court anymore.

Bama's recruits, he just couldn't cut it. I have no idea about here, but if he's as slow as he looked the few times I saw him get run at Bama' he'd be watching from next to the 3rd assistant GA.

Back