Players Brandon Johns is a VCU Ram

Amen brother/sister! Johns is mature beyond his years. Did anyone catch the awesome but brief interaction when Brandon came off the court after he missed a free throw tonight with Mike Rhoades. Brandon was like “well crap coach, you know I can make em, they’re just not falling.” Mike smiled and gave him a quick coaches hug. It was pretty cool to see.
Johns is the consummate VCU guy.

Just want to give some props to Brandon Johns. The talking heads during the SLU game said Johns Grandmother mentioned this is the happiest he’s been in years, playing ball at VCU. We would be in deep sh!t without all of Brandon’s effort and achievements on the court. Thank you Mr Johns for coming to VCU. Just wish we found you years ago. Now go get that A10 trophy and make some noise in the NCAA tourney.
He is going to be very difficult to replace. Hopefully the transfer portal fairy rewards us again.

I agree. Leaving Michigan to VCU certainly gave him the opportunity to really showcase his skills. A professional basketball career overseas is definitely in his future.
That's exactly what my wife and I have been discussing. Finishing at Michigan, he was probably not going anywhere. Now, I think he very definitely is going to get a lot of looks.

Haven't looked at the box score, but he seemed to be involved in every key play.

Brandon Johns:
Sweet stroke (from the stripe and deep)
Excellent post presence and moves (footwork, up and under, spin, face up, drop step, left/right hand, etc)
Solid all-around skill set (and decision making)
Tough, gritty, versatile, composed (a grinder)

Similar impact as Jamie Skeen. Very impressive!

Brandon Johns:
Sweet stroke (from the stripe and deep)
Excellent post presence and moves (footwork, up and under, spin, face up, drop step, left/right hand, etc)
Solid all-around skill set (and decision making)
Tough, gritty, versatile, composed (a grinder)

Similar impact as Jamie Skeen. Very impressive!
I do not know how we can replace him.

Back