Brandon's Post Game Interview

VCUBeatsduke

Elite Member
Awesome job Ram Nation..

I loved Brandon's comment about this style of baskteball allows the players to really show their skills and "let them play." He said, unlike past years...

Thats a great clip to show recruits....

VCUBeatsduke

A lot of what Brandon said is true though. Last year, our only guy who wasn't really playing in Eric's shadow was Larry and a couple of games where Joey was hot. Many times in our half court offensive sets the ball would go through Eric. Eric initiated our half court offensive attack over 50% of the time in my best estimate, which is a huge amount of offense to be generated from one player on any level of basketball.

I agree with Brandon in the regard that many guys including Brandon, Brad, Ed, Jay, and our talented freshman will be able to showcase their offensive talent. I personally feel that Brandon and Brad will have huge offensive seasons from the perimeter.

The RTD put up a transcript of post-game comments by Coach Smart and Coach Coker as well.

http://www.mytimesdispatch.com/inde...tgame_comments_from_vcus_exhibition_win/9755/

Such a smart coach. He is sounding, and looking, better every day. I think we've got a winner.