Bryan Allen is leaving for greener pastures.

rammad90

Elite Member
Bryan is presently our Associate AD for Major Gifts.

He has accepted an upgrade in position with another university and will be leaving us soon.

I have found Bryan to be a great guy. He always responded quickly, did all he could to help, and was just a straight shooter.

IMO he was a throw back to the Norwood years. Really personable, and accessible.

The guy just made you feel as if he and VCU really appreciated you being a fan.

Farewell Bryan, I wish you and your family well. You will be missed.

Go Rams!

Bryan is presently our Associate AD for Major Gifts.

He has accepted an upgrade in position with another university and will be leaving us soon.

I have found Bryan to be a great guy. He always responded quickly, did all he could to help, and was just a straight shooter.

IMO he was a throw back to the Norwood years. Really personable, and accessible.

The guy just made you feel as if he and VCU really appreciated you being a fan.

Farewell Bryan, I wish you and your family well. You will be missed.

Go Rams!
Damnnnn. I had a feeling this would happen. Bryan and I got close this season and during the A10 tourney in Brooklyn. He's one of the reasons why I became a donor.

Geez Odom bring Utah State Development Directors with him also...best of luck to Danny and Bryan...hope we get some good replacements, sure going to need some good fundraisers for the NIL budget.

Yeah, this is how it usually works in the AD field.
same as the coaching field.... think of how many assistants have to go to a "lower" school in order to take that next step up in the coaching ladder initially.

How many assistants step down? BTW @RowdyPkunk who's your preseason #1 in CF this year? I'm leaning Georgia.
what do you mean step down? Look at our coaches we've had...

Grant... came from Florida to get a HC Job at VCU.... same for Shaka
WW went from VCU to UTC to get his first HC job
Jamion Christian went from us to Mount Saint Marys to get a HC Job
MR left us to go to Rice for his first D1 HC job.

And there's countless other assistants.... that left VCU to go to another school that would be a "step down" basketball wise.... in order to get a step up on the coaching ladder.

As far as CFB.... I'm not worried bout that yet. Its not even July yet... let alone August.

I think the stepping down comment was more geared to the program they come from as asst vs the program they go to as HC.
VCU is/was a step down from FL (program-wise)
UTC is a step down from VCU (program-wise)
Rice is a step down from VCU (program-wise)
Mt St Mary's is a step down from VCU (program-wise)
For Capel it was a lateral move program-wise (because it was the same program).

But of course for everyone it was a step up as far as going from asst to HC.

Back