CAA To Leave Baltimore for Charleston

Not sure what the logic is here. Are they going to count on the UNCW and Charleston attendance? Was the attendance that bad in Baltimore with all those schools so close?

Not sure what the logic is here. Are they going to count on the UNCW and Charleston attendance? Was the attendance that bad in Baltimore with all those schools so close?
I think they're counting on Charleston being more of a destination in March than Baltimore.

I think they're counting on Charleston being more of a destination in March than Baltimore.
I would be curious how many people travel all that way for the tournament. Charleston is not really convenient to any of the schools but Charleston. It just seems like there could be a better choice that allowed more school's fans the ability to make a day trip for the games.

I would be curious how many people travel all that way for the tournament. Charleston is not really convenient to any of the schools but Charleston. It just seems like there could be a better choice that allowed more school's fans the ability to make a day trip for the games.
It'll be good for Wilmington and Elon as well. And while it's not centrally located like Richmond and Baltimore, it makes up for it in its destination attractiveness: Charleston in early March is in the low to mid 60s, while Baltimore is around 50. Plus from what I've heard, Charleston does a good job with events like this.

I think it would be good if they moved it from city to city like in the old Sunbelt days. They may not get as much of an arena discount but I think it would enhance fan interest and attendance

Back