CAA tourney club level seats? Help needed.....

Hey guys. Does anyone know how to get club level seats from another school? I'm pretty sure I've read, in years past, that people were able to do it. I'm a donor and season ticket holder at the Captain level. Apparently, since I don't give enough money to be at the Varsity level, I'm not allowed the opportunity to purchase club level seating. Which I think is absolutely ridiculous and absurd, but probably another topic altogether.

I would prefer to sit in the club level with my fellow Ram fans, but any help would be appreciated.

Call the ticket office of the school you are looking for or call the RIC Coliseum ticket office. Don’t go through VCU because it won't do you any good. I have box tickets for the Saturday games but that’s because my girlfriend does promotions for the Richmond Raiders and the owner owns the Coliseum.

VCU only gets about 300 club level seats for the tournament.

They could let captain's society members have the opportunity to purchase tickets for club level seating, but they are just saving you the trouble, since they are always taken up by higher level donors. Matter of fact, I am at the Varsity level and there weren't any left last year when they got to me. There just aren't enough to go around...plain and simple.

As for other schools, the only ones that I know get them are ODU and GMU, which would give priority to their own donors first. Most schools don't even bother with it.

Also remember that since we are in the top teams of the CAA at this point, VCU will get really good seats for the tournament. Last year the VCU section was pretty poor. But this year we should get near center court, if not center court. So the Club seats may not be much better than the normal section for VCU.

YouveBeenRammed said:
ramramthankyoumaam said:
What's the best way to obtain lower level seating for the tourney?

contact Ga State's ticket office :)

and or Towson. You could try NU also. I got mine through NU last time.(If you try NU make sure to hide the number when you call because if they see 804 they will immediately hang up. Tell them your alumni and such so when you give them your 804 number they don't hassle you at that point.)

I'm probably gonna just get them through vcu this time though.

YouveBeenRammed said:
ramramthankyoumaam said:

That is what I did last year. Sat right next to the club section. They didn't mid selling them to me at all (they were actually rater nice)

Ram it home said:
YouveBeenRammed said:
ramramthankyoumaam said:

That is what I did last year. Sat right next to the club section. They didn't mid selling them to me at all (they were actually rater nice)

Yep me too... they asked if I was alum, and I said no, and they had no problem at all. They even dropped them at the will call window for me when I couldn't get there early enough to pick them up at the RC

fmrick said:
Also remember that since we are in the top teams of the CAA at this point, VCU will get really good seats for the tournament. Last year the VCU section was pretty poor. But this year we should get near center court, if not center court. So the Club seats may not be much better than the normal section for VCU.

If I didn't get club level for $110 and get the "reserved ticket book" for $70, wouldn't that automatically mean I would be sitting upper deck in the VCU section, even if it was center court? Let's assume center court is the case for us when 2/15 rolls around....that would put is in 17A, 17L and 17U. A and L being club, U for the rest of the people? Just want to make sure I understand, as I would prefer not to pay for a tournament ticket book and end up having to sit in the upper deck.

negative posse,

there is a VCU club level that is behind pressrow
VCU regular allotment which is lower bowl opposite side of club, and then whatever is left is upper deck

but technically you need a club ticket to get into the club bar, that is if they enforce it this year now that they are not serving beer in hospitality room

The ONLY way to guarantee you get club seats or lower level center court regular seats is to be in the top 200 donors, be a sponsor of the tourney, buy a coaches box book ($250), or get someone who is a sponsor or top 200 donor to include you. VCU only gets a certain amount of club seats and only one section of the lower center court... once those are out then the seats are next available after all the other schools are distributed, which means it goes to seats in the corners and upper level.

Most of the other schools outside of va have not purchased club books and the one's who have only bought very limited numbers.

JeffC said:
VCU only gets a certain amount of club seats and only one section of the lower center court... once those are out then the seats are next available after all the other schools are distributed, which means it goes to seats in the corners and upper level.

Most of the other schools outside of va have not purchased club books and the one's who have only bought very limited numbers.

Also keep in mind VCU will likely get the opportunity to purchase whatever tickets other schools may return.

xjohnx said:
JeffC said:
VCU only gets a certain amount of club seats and only one section of the lower center court... once those are out then the seats are next available after all the other schools are distributed, which means it goes to seats in the corners and upper level.

Also keep in mind VCU will likely get the opportunity to purchase whatever tickets other schools may return.

Which will then be offered to season ticket holders in descending order by level.

tickets left over are hardly ever in the club or center court sections...if any are left over they first go to sponsors then what is left goes back into a pool and split up between the schools who are given the opportunity to buy more, which also then goes still by priority

if you are going to try and buy from a school you need to call them THIS WEEK...sooner the better

Back