"Complain" Taylor strikes again

Mistachill

Elite Member
I can understand him for being upset, but they knew this was coming. If they could have made an immediate jump to CUSA I am sure that they would have done so.

This whole situation is hilarious to me. They voted for the rule. They helped enforce it on Richmond. They didn't say a word about it being unfair when GSU announced their departure. And now they want to be rewarded for leaving "the right way" and because they have been such a good member?

Heck, wasn't Richmond a charter member? Didn't they help start the darn league?

Funny how the welfare of the student athletes didn't matter when other teams left or when they voted to enact this rule.

Probably those of a higher intellect than Blaine within the odu AD knew that this whole thing was a lost cause, but that the effort had to be made. It's rare these days to hear a HC of a major program shoot from the lip as Taylor does. He certainly epitomizes their fan base.

I have no problem with ODU and/or GSU requesting that they be allowed to compete in the tourney. But when the final decision is made AND the rule THEY approved is enforced, they need to quit all their whining and b*tching, and simply say, "We are of course disappointed. And although we tried, we knew the rules going in." and then STFU!

ODU's AD needs to give Blaine a stomping for some of the crap he has said lately...it boarders on childish. This is getting to the point of being ridiculous.

Indeed, ODU was honorable in keeping Yeager abreast of its intentions, fueled by an ambition to upgrade from football’s Championship Subdivision to Bowl Subdivision. But that didn’t obligate the CAA to waive its rules.
No sh!t, because it would be impossible to upgrade from FCS to FBS in a single off season. Given the hypothetical opportunity to be able to do so, ODU would have jumped in a heart beat. If they're so honorable, why didn't they wait to announce until after the $1mm exit fee was established? If Blaine/Selig/Yeager/Teel want a friend in college football/basketball, they'd do well to get a dogODUi cheerleader (apologies to Sometimes).

I have no problem with ODU and/or GSU requesting that they be allowed to compete in the tourney. But when the final decision is made AND the rule THEY approved is enforced, they need to quit all their whining and b*tching, and simply say, "We are of course disappointed. And although we tried, we knew the rules going in." and then STFU!

ODU's AD needs to give Blaine a stomping for some of the crap he has said lately...it boarders on childish. This is getting to the point of being ridiculous.
Well said- asking ain't getting, but accept the outcome! "so mad at VCU" Bottom line, the CAA member should be mad at Yeager or themselves for not saying VCU can play in the post season next year. We would have stayed the extra year if assured of that. I think ODU probably shot themselves in the foot by being strongly against our CAAT participation when informally surveyed by the Yeager. ( just supposition)

Part of me is so ready to just say, " screw them, let's not play them anymore" ; BUT the other part wants to keep their butts. I think ODU football has taken off to a great start as predicted for that area, but I also think their basketball and other teams will suffer from the move.

BT- what a whiner.

Blaine is just doing what he has to do to pander to his fan base. Deflect.

He knows the people that support him hate VCU, so if he name-drops VCU, it effectively shifts attention away from the fact that it is his superior's direct actions that have them in the predicament they are currently in. What does VCU have to do at all with ODU/GSU or the CAA's decision? Nothing.

Their fans want to hate the decision and the process, and they want to hate VCU. Blaine complaining puts both together in a nice package to get people riled up at the right people for ODU. By that I mean, anybody but themselves.

I will say this, Blaine Taylor is great for the rivalry. He keeps things testy and while he may look and sound like the quirky, drunk uncle, he's a smart guy. He does all this by design.

I will say this, Blaine Taylor is great for the rivalry. He keeps things testy and while he may look and sound like the quirky, drunk uncle, he's a smart guy. He does all this by design.
I'm going to bastardize Hanlon's razor here: "Never attribute to malice cunning that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

I used to think that, but no one has the kind of sustained success he's had by being an idiot. He knows his stuff (hockey line-change substitutions aside) and he knows how to get the best out of his guys even when they aren't recruited by anybody and raw as cabbage coming in. He's equally good at manipulating the media, his fan base, and the opposing team with his comments when it suits his purposes.

Back