Covid-19 info thread

="MobileMunchies, post: For God's sake take one thing in your life seriously: this.
Prayer lifted for Sometime and his wife. Might I suggest a small rewording... For your sake take one thing in your life seriously: God.
TY for that. Grad of preschool at Cathedral of the SC, then on to St. Benedict's and Benedictine here, and took several classes on world religions in college. Me and God are tight. 🙏 I don't think I need to reword anything. It is what it is, I don't bother God with my gripes, God has bigger things to handle.

Last edited:
Virginia numbers (as of 1 pm today):
460 cases statewide
65 hospitalizations
13 deaths

I feel for NY sitting with 30,000 confirmed cases that seemed to just pop up in the last week. Originally I thought Washington state and California would be the epicenters since its been a few weeks that it started there. CA has tested 66,000 and has only 2,500 cases compared to NY's 100,000 tested and 30,000 cases. **this data is as of 5 p.m. yesterday.

460 cases statewide
65 hospitalizations
13 deaths

I feel for NY sitting with 30,000 confirmed cases that seemed to just pop up in the last week. Originally I thought Washington state and California would be the epicenters since its been a few weeks that it started there. CA has tested 66,000 and has only 2,500 cases compared to NY's 100,000 tested and 30,000 cases. **this data is as of 5 p.m. yesterday.

Interesting how all of these epicenters are "sanctuary" cities.

Interesting how all of these epicenters are "sanctuary" cities.
Nah, bigger cities just tend to be more liberal, so that's just a coincidental link there in my opinion. Not a Lot of illegal immigrants traveling to China, Italy, etc.

460 cases statewide
65 hospitalizations
13 deaths

I'm so glad my husband and I cancelled our trip to NYC. I felt sort of dumb and overreactive doing it at the time (March 8), but it got crazy up there real quick.

Nah, bigger cities just tend to be more liberal, so that's just a coincidental link there in my opinion. Not a Lot of illegal immigrants traveling to China, Italy, etc.

It's not as much about who brings the virus into the cities as it is about how it spreads once it's there.

It's not as much about who brings the virus into the cities as it is about how it spreads once it's there.

I think the demographics affected the most are those that travel, and then spread it among the folks around them. I certainly could be wrong, but this bug seems to travel with other travelers.

I'm so glad my husband and I cancelled our trip to NYC. I felt sort of dumb and overreactive doing it at the time (March 8), but it got crazy up there real quick.
You weren't alone in that boat/ plane/ train/car. We cancelled a ski trip to Utah for the end of March right around the same time. Our son in the Air Force called and said they'd suspended all travel till May 11, made our decision pretty easy.

Reactions: SWV
This will escalate quickly. Watch for Trump tweets attacking the UN soon, along with his daily attacks of the media of course.

Screenshot_20200326-143341_NBC NEWS.jpg

TY for that. Grad of preschool at Cathedral of the SC, then on to St. Benedict's and Benedictine here, and took several classes on world religions in college. Me and God are tight. 🙏 I don't think I need to reword anything. It is what it is, I don't bother God with my gripes, God has bigger things to handle.

Nah bro. God handles this!, but you have to believe.

Finally.

At least he didn't blame Obama for abandoning the plant. GM actually sold that particular plant, though.

Last edited:
Finally.

At least he didn't blame Obama for abandoning the plant. GM actually sold that particular plant, though.

That's right a plant making cars or car parts is to immediately start making ventilators. GM says something like, "Um that takes a few minutes to retool Mr. President. Why didn't you ask us to do this a month ago? Even you knew this was coming by then."

Back