Darius Theus Props Thread

Mistachill

Elite Member
It's only right to do this since I was one the Darius doubters last season (and because its a slow time in the forum as indicated by a thread about the A10 logo on the floor).

Because of Darius I pledge never to doubt future VCU point guards (at least for the time being). :D

It's only right to do this since I was one the Darius doubters last season (and because its a slow time in the forum as indicated by a thread about the A10 logo on the floor).

Because of Darius I pledge never to doubt future VCU point guards (at least for the time being). :D

"Chill", I will bight on this thread. I am with you 100% and am at least as guilty as you. I even admitted to his dad last year at the Verizon Center that earlier in the game with a couple straight turnovers that I wanted to yank his scholarship, but that by the end of the game I wanted to hold the sign "#10 is my son" . Theus showed me great stuff as a freshman-- the kind of crossover and get to the paint for his own shot that only Eric had that early in his career. As a sophomore, his shot got uglier and he lost some confidence in his passes and therefore was telegraphing everything ( also a product of being only a double threat instead of a triple threat--no shot). Darius came up big in several games as a sophomore and without his play against FSU there would have been no Final Four. He had a great junior year and if he improves his shot at all, he could be All- A 10 as a senior. His defense is excellent and he seems to know when to pull it out and reset the offense for us. Again, I went from a "love this guy's potential" as a freshman to " he stinks" as a sophomore (until FSU) to a "we have a solid point guard" as a junior and now I am ready to hold up the poster as a big supporter for his senior year.

I think your point is that we need to be a bit more patient before saying a kid is a wasted roster spot and I have to admit I have been guilty over the years of wanting to throw some off the bus too soon. We only see them during games, unlike in the old days when some of us could go to practices on a daily basis and evaluate the players. This is more reason to just trust our coaching staff and not chant for substitutes and playing time because they know better. ( unless Polio returns)

You guys better be careful. If YBR reads this he may lose a few shirt buttons from puffing out his chest in vindication...and deservedly so.

After watching that video, maybe Darius should've taken the last shot against Indiana.....

After watching that video, maybe Darius should've taken the last shot against Indiana.....

I think many thought that was what was gonna happen. We had a good open shot and you are talking about a 3 point attempt with 38-40% being a good %. We were highly contested inside, it is all history and I don't want attacks on Rob especially going into the year ( I feel Rob will be very good this year). If we have to relive that game, it was not the last shot that decided the game It was the last 7 minutes and many shots and free throws over 7 minutes. As to Darius, the fact I was feeling good about him taking it was enough to let me know he had truly gained my confidence over the year.

I am also guilty and have eaten crow. Darius is a fantastic point guard and made me look like an idiot when I doubted him. Glad I didn't tell his Dad we should yanks his scholly from him though like the previous poster.

FWIW I think Rob had a terrific look at the end of the Indiana game. He is also very capable of making it. Could not really ask for a better look. Just didn't fall, that's all.

I think we all grew to love theus after his performance last season, but you kinda forget how many big plays he made at the end of the game.

I am also guilty and have eaten crow. Darius is a fantastic point guard and made me look like an idiot when I doubted him. Glad I didn't tell his Dad we should yanks his scholly from him though like the previous poster.

FWIW I think Rob had a terrific look at the end of the Indiana game. He is also very capable of making it. Could not really ask for a better look. Just didn't fall, that's all.

Good point, but be assured it was said with a laugh in other words and received the same. The emphasis was that he had a rough start to the game and then took it over and won it for us-- it was a turning point with many fans that he had become our floor leader. For his sake and ours, I hope he takes one more step this year. His shot was better last year and if he adds just a few % points to his 3 % he will be as good as any point guard. He will have many chances to prove it as he will face a lot of very respected PG's this year.

In DT we trust. 35% from three, 75% from the line, 50% from the floor, 2.5-1 A/T 2 steals per game, 27 minutes and we will be money!

Good point, but be assured it was said with a laugh in other words and received the same. The emphasis was that he had a rough start to the game and then took it over and won it for us-- it was a turning point with many fans that he had become our floor leader. For his sake and ours, I hope he takes one more step this year. His shot was better last year and if he adds just a few % points to his 3 % he will be as good as any point guard. He will have many chances to prove it as he will face a lot of very respected PG's this year.
Oh cool. I gotcha. Glad it was all in good fun. I thought you might have just been yelling out of frustration and he was around. Always cool to see his Dad with that sign. I think as of right now I am most confident when Theus has the ball.

I had no worries about Darius being our PG after his play in the NCAA tournament in 2011. He was great for us last year. I'm so proud of the kid, he's earned the recognition and his Dad should be very proud.

Darius did exactly the right thing at the end of the Indiana game. He penetrated, drew his defender and passed to a wide open shot on the arc. You cannot ask one iota more from your point guard.

Tremendous!!! We will hear and read that often this season. Remember, he's our big toe this year. Our black and gold sgt Hulka.

Back