Dedicating Tomorrow And This Season To Reid Goodman & Mark Tyndall

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
k2zqfm.jpg

This is a pic from a game a couple of years ago we rode out with Reid.

Tomorrow, we head to the 2016-17 VCU Rams Hoops Black and Gold game, the annual intro to the season. After 6 months out of the loop, for a lot of us, it's always what big time Ram fans look forward to, the most.
Reid Goodman took us to our first game years ago, taking us out of TV land to live-in-person-land, and made us addicted instantly. I've ridden out more games than I can count both with, and without Reid, ever since, but I pretty much always knew where he was during game time as he, like us, rarely missed one. Many games for us were accompanied by a "where's Waldo" where it came to him.. I'd usually be able to find him.
I always felt he was like Kat and I, working our asses off for what usually amounts to too little pay, and wondering from game to game if we'd be able to make it into the one thing, we love just about more than anything else. And I'd call/text him for many a game, asking if he'd be able to make it into the game that night.. he'd always respond, "Oh, I'm getting in, one way or another, I'm getting in!" He shared that obsession with us, especially with him, we always knew we weren't alone!
For the way he helped to take us out of TV land and got us addicted to being there in person, this is why I try my BEST to do the same for others, when/where I can, if possible. Now that he's gone it's why I try even harder to create more Ram loving fans, monsters.. we keep the ball bouncing.
Tomorrow is dedicated in our minds and hearts, to Reid. Like us, there's few places he had so much fun, few places he wanted to be as much as a Ram game, I know this. I KNOW where he'd be tomorrow if he was still here with us. I wish he was around to experience this team's growing this year, but we'll head out and he'll be in our hearts all the way, the whole darn time. This year's for you, man.
#LetsGoVCU!
20sgjmq.jpg

You are a good man, MM.

As we begin another season, I am remembering life-long Ram fan and friend Mark Tyndall. Maybe some of you knew Mark -- a peerless lawyer in Richmond who graduated from UR Law School with me, practiced with Michael Morchower for a long time and then on his own. He was a season ticket holder at the Stu forever. When I was at VCU, I spent many nights on his sofa and he on mine. He introduced me to my wife of 36 years, Ed Sherod, Chateau Lafite, and many many illicit experiences it would be best not to mention here. Mark covered for me more times than I can count, and taught me a lot about being a friend. As cancer ate him from the inside, he remained the same, taking every blow with equanimity and grace. He worried only about how his impending death would impact his friends. He died before he could see our Rams win a share of the A10 or go to the tournament last year.

s200-k-no

You are a good man, MM.

As we begin another season, I am remembering life-long Ram fan and friend Mark Tyndall. Maybe some of you knew Mark -- a peerless lawyer in Richmond who graduated from UR Law School with me, practiced with Michael Morchower for a long time and then on his own. He was a season ticket holder at the Stu forever. When I was at VCU, I spent many nights on his sofa and he on mine. He introduced me to my wife of 36 years, Ed Sheriod, Chateau Lafite, and many many illicit experiences it would be best not to mention here. Mark covered for me more times than I can count, and taught me a lot about being a friend. As cancer ate him from the inside, he remained the same, taking every blow with equanimity and grace. He worried only about how his impending death would impact his friends. He died before he could see our Rams win a share of the A10 or go to the tournament last year.

s200-k-no

Just so you know how much I cared for this, I liked it despite the UR law reference. Carry on with the remembrance my friends.

You are a good man, MM.

As we begin another season, I am remembering life-long Ram fan and friend Mark Tyndall. Maybe some of you knew Mark -- a peerless lawyer in Richmond who graduated from UR Law School with me, practiced with Michael Morchower for a long time and then on his own. He was a season ticket holder at the Stu forever. When I was at VCU, I spent many nights on his sofa and he on mine. He introduced me to my wife of 36 years, Ed Sherod, Chateau Lafite, and many many illicit experiences it would be best not to mention here. Mark covered for me more times than I can count, and taught me a lot about being a friend. As cancer ate him from the inside, he remained the same, taking every blow with equanimity and grace. He worried only about how his impending death would impact his friends. He died before he could see our Rams win a share of the A10 or go to the tournament last year.

s200-k-no
I knew and loved mark, he represented my brother and me once. GREAT guy, big time fighter, hippie at heart. We miss him.

You are a good man, MM.

s200-k-no
He will be watching from the heavens above. I'm sorry for you loss. He sounds like a brave, caring human being that was more concerned for others than himself.

Just to share a little more about Reid, who I never met. When I was bartending, the chef (Todd Brady) and I chatted a lot on game days, since we were missing the games. He mentioned he became a fan because of his best friend, Reid. One night he mentioned Reid's health issues and said all he wanted was to get Reid to another game, since he was so crazy for the Rams. I told Todd that if he could get him to a game, we would find him the best seats. Then Ramaholic told me to let him know which game and he would have him sit in the front row at center court.

Well, I informed MM of this, since MM uses those seats sometimes. That's when I learned MM was also a close friend of Reid. Unfortunately, Reid's condition worsened by the end of the season. I am confident though that he was happy to the end thinking about sitting in those seats.

Back