Did Melvin Officially Pick Up a Nickname?

Mistachill

Elite Member
During the Duquesne game the announcer starting calling him Melvin "No Conscience" Johnson.

Will it stick?

I prefer calling him Melvin, Not to be confused with "The Melvin", "A Melvin" or "So Melvin"..... MJ is a nice abbreviation.

I've heard him called the Microwave multiple times on tv broadcasts. He definitely has no conscience though, which is a great thing for a shooter/scorer. This will pay off as he matures in our system. He could be a scary guy to play against in the next 2.5 years.

Microwave is a weak name.
I'm waiting for "Bringer of Rain" to catch on...to anybody.

2wf8kms.jpg

During the Duquesne game the announcer starting calling him Melvin "No Conscience" Johnson.

Will it stick?
I did like the way the announcer unfolded his enunciation and accent on No Conscience. It is a good description. When he's feeling it he barely sets his feet before shooting. Love the confidence.

Still fits.

Well, there's a lot of players who you could call "The Human Highlight Film" and it would fit (even in the video era :lol:). But there's only one dude who should have the trademark on that nickname and that's Dominique.

I'm not a fan of recycling nicknames whether it fits or not.

Loved this kid from day 1 - the potential is amazing! Since I cannot call him Magic Johnson I have been referring to him as Magic Melvin! Cannot wait to see how he will develop under Shaka & Co in the next couple of years!

I've actually always liked "The Microwave," since he reminded me of that Vinnie Johnson type player, from Day-1. Minus the wide body! :lol: But I actually like the name Melvin "No Conscience" Johnson. I think it's cool. Plus..... it's true.

Back