Enough of the Good Byes Time for a few Welcome Aboards.

rammad90

Elite Member
Look I generally like most of our players. I even follow most of the guys who leave. I am not angry at MSS or Ward. They did what was best for them same as VCU would do in the same situation. Its the game.

Disappointed Ace, Kern, Watkins, Nunn, and Delouch are all gone. I am hoping Odom offers Banks and he wants to stay (I think he can be a useful piece the next couple of years). They are gone, and I wish them well.

However, I am a graduate, a donor, and more importantly a life long fan of VCU and VCU Men's Basketball. Given, this I am sick and tired of reading and discussing the future of guys (coaches and players) who will be competing with us for a spot in the big dance.

I REALLY would like to change the narrative towards our potential recruits and hopefully New Guys who are going to continue our pursuit of excellence.

Anyway, we can make that happen?

No, no one on this board can make that happen. We are all spectators and other than donating none of us have a vote. Unless Coach Odom and the AD are lurking on here.

No, no one on this board can make that happen. We are all spectators and other than donating none of us have a vote. Unless Coach Odom and the AD are lurking on here.
So we dont have free will? Ok

PLEASE bring City Of Richmond players back home! The Stu would be packed with fans there to see and cheer on a real hometown team, the future would be open and tempting for talented, budding high schoolers, and we'd get to cheer on our OWN fellow RVaers.
Yes please.

Back in the day of Special K. Warren Peebles went to VUU. Jason Williford went to UVA. And, Yuri Barnes went to UVA. Kenny Harris wen to UNC, eventually came home. If all those guys joined Kendrick at VCU, WOW! I always dreamed....

Let's go local and in state. We have the talent. Hopefully we have the coach!!!!!!!!!!

It involves the entire NCAA, does not seem reasonable that we can impact everyone or just chart a course of our own.

That said, I do expect the landscape to mature/evolve over time. They are already tightening it up a bit and I expect more of this as the P5 see how this experiment plays out.

4 year careers do benefit everyone even if there are a handful of very elite guys who rip through to pro quickly and a bigger basket full to fill big rolls for a year or two. At some point the 8-10 further down the bench will hang around while the last 2-4 will just realize it was a mistake and downgrade.

1. All the listed guys above are not gone yet, and I am pretty sure we are working on 1 or more
2. Personally, IDGAF where a player was born or went to HS. I just want players that fit the new coach's system.
3. I think we'll have new faces to welcome soon.

Look I generally like most of our players. I even follow most of the guys who leave. I am not angry at MSS or Ward. They did what was best for them same as VCU would do in the same situation. Its the game.

Disappointed Ace, Kern, Watkins, Nunn, and Delouch are all gone. I am hoping Odom offers Banks and he wants to stay (I think he can be a useful piece the next couple of years). They are gone, and I wish them well.

However, I am a graduate, a donor, and more importantly a life long fan of VCU and VCU Men's Basketball. Given, this I am sick and tired of reading and discussing the future of guys (coaches and players) who will be competing with us for a spot in the big dance.

I REALLY would like to change the narrative towards our potential recruits and hopefully New Guys who are going to continue our pursuit of excellence.

Anyway, we can make that happen?
this dynamic will happen and happen quickly once with the first new commit is confirmed...then the floodgates will open and the Ace/MR threads will get buried in the latter pages of the forum.

this dynamic will happen and happen quickly once with the first new commit is confirmed...then the floodgates will open and the Ace/MR threads will get buried in the latter pages of the forum.
One can only hope!

Born and raised city boy, here. 100% Rva, always have been always will be. It, not VCU itself, is why I'm a Ram.
There's big reasons for wanting to cheer on my own, on our home court.

shulga, bairstow, nelson. wheeler?🤞 i don’t think we get reid and wheeler, would love to have either

Back