Exhibition #1: Virginia Union University

ramtastic83 said:
Mercury said:
There should never be another Banana at VCU unless Jim brings it out of retirement..won't support anybody else doing it

Motion to Second that

Second...

This may or may not have happened, as so much of that weekend is a blur...driving home after the Pitt loss, after a phenomenal weekend, at a random convenience store in the middle of Pennsylvania, we stop for gas. As I walk into the store for some refreshments, just ahead of me I see several young VCU fans unpiling from their car.

As I walk past the car I look into the back seat and see banana guy, still wearing the banana suit.

That thing belongs on your wall.

you only have to wait 10 years for HOF nomination.. I'll get the nominations started come time.

mglitos said:
ramtastic83 said:
Mercury said:
There should never be another Banana at VCU unless Jim brings it out of retirement..won't support anybody else doing it

Motion to Second that

Second...

This may or may not have happened, as so much of that weekend is a blur...driving home after the Pitt loss, after a phenomenal weekend, at a random convenience store in the middle of Pennsylvania, we stop for gas. As I walk into the store for some refreshments, just ahead of me I see several young VCU fans unpiling from their car.

As I walk past the car I look into the back seat and see banana guy, still wearing the banana suit.

That thing belongs on your wall.

Man that was a great ride..you guys don't know half the stuff we went through in that car and I believe it was a Wawa we stopped at

could be wrong though

Mercury said:
Man that was a great ride..you guys don't know half the stuff we went through in that car and I believe it was a Wawa we stopped at

could be wrong though

I'd have gladly switched with you. :roll:

MarcusNation said:
you only have to wait 10 years for HOF nomination.. I'll get the nominations started come time.
Haha I don't know about me in the HOF, but I would be honored sir!

I just started thinking about all the memories that stemmed from the weekend trip to Buffalo. Here's some of the highlights for sure.
-It was my first time I had met Mercury and what a way to meet him, but to drive 10 hours in the back seat with him while InsideDrive sat shotgun and a former Rodney the Ram was leading us behind the wheel. It was a long, rainy and foggy drive through the backroads of Pennsylvania (TYRONE) and New York. I remember honking and booing at ODU fans that made the trip as we passed them on the roads and recruiting toll booth attendants as honorary VCU fans for the weekend. "HOW YOU'S GUYS?!?!!!"
- Stayed at the Red Roof Inn (An Accor Hotel) where Pav and his crew was staying also.
- Heavy Snow falling on March 14th-18th the whole time we were there.
- Brennan's Irish Pub, and the cabbie that cussed out the lady from the hotel b/c she told him we were going downtown but we were really going only a mile away.
- Someone trying to order a Strawberry Daiquiri from an Irish Pub (No need to call anyone out).
- Every Waitress up in Buffalo having the first name of Renee.
-Molson Beer
- Buffalo Sabers Fans
- Walking back to the Hotel drunk a mile in the snow!

It might sound like a ton of fun, and it was, but this summary does it no justice and this was only Wednesday night! The first night of the best weekend of my life.

vcubanana said:
MarcusNation said:
Haha I don't know about me in the HOF, but I would be honored sir!

I'll vote for you if you vote for us. :lol:

vcubanana said:
ramathon74 said:
Banana - got an idea to distract the other team's freethrow shooters.

You run around behind the backboard and we get a guy in a gorilla suit to chase you! :lol:
Great idea. I need to hand down the Banana costume to a spirited student. I'm an Alumni now. Time to grow up, no more costumes for me.

Awe, Banana, graduation has some costs attached to it! You got to act like us old fogies.

vcubanana said:
I just started thinking about all the memories that stemmed from the weekend trip to Buffalo. Here's some of the highlights for sure.
-It was my first time I had met Mercury and what a way to meet him, but to drive 10 hours in the back seat with him while InsideDrive sat shotgun and a former Rodney the Ram was leading us behind the wheel. It was a long, rainy and foggy drive through the backroads of Pennsylvania (TYRONE) and New York. I remember honking and booing at ODU fans that made the trip as we passed them on the roads and recruiting toll booth attendants as honorary VCU fans for the weekend. "HOW YOU'S GUYS?!?!!!"
- Stayed at the Red Roof Inn (An Accor Hotel) where Pav and his crew was staying also.
- Heavy Snow falling on March 14th-18th the whole time we were there.
- Brennan's Irish Pub, and the cabbie that cussed out the lady from the hotel b/c she told him we were going downtown but we were really going only a mile away.
- Someone trying to order a Strawberry Daiquiri from an Irish Pub (No need to call anyone out).
- Every Waitress up in Buffalo having the first name of Renee.
-Molson Beer
- Buffalo Sabers Fans
- Walking back to the Hotel drunk a mile in the snow!

It might sound like a ton of fun, and it was, but this summary does it no justice and this was only Wednesday night! The first night of the best weekend of my life.

don't forget "you's guys" and opening the door to pay tolls.

John, the list could go on, this was only the first night. Here's one, booing the PITT Panter in Pearl Street. BTW Pearl Street was the sweetest bar ever. BAD ASS!

Check out the VCUAthletics homepage. Pretty cool!

splash.jpg

Back