How are you feeling right now about the team and program?

No. VCU went won 2 NIT games vs Villanova and South Florida which is better than alot of recent VCU seasons and any Mason season other than 2006 or 2011.
Are we happy with the NIT? Maybe this year.

Yeah, those wins were nice, as were some others during the regular season. But then there were some bad losses, including some blowouts.

Great to me was the run we made last year through the A10 regular season and tournament, minus the egg that was laid vs. St. Mary’s.

Yeah, those wins were nice, as were some others during the regular season. But then there were some bad losses, including some blowouts.

Great to me was the run we made last year through the A10 regular season and tournament, minus the egg that was laid vs. St. Mary’s.
Okay..I'll buy that....

We had to have the run or we would have been in the NIT last year even with a reg season title. Thats how bad the conference was. This year the A10 had 7-8 top 100 teams at anytime. The A10 was one of the more underrated conferences that didn’t get the respect it deserved.

We had to have the run or we would have been in the NIT last year even with a reg season title. Thats how bad the conference was. This year the A10 had 7-8 top 100 teams at anytime. The A10 was one of the more underrated conferences that didn’t get the respect it deserved.

Wrong

We were the regular season and tournament champion for the A10. We won the regular season by three games. The NCAA gave us a 12 seed. There’s no way we would have been in if we didn’t win the conference tourney.

Incorrect

Incorrect
Pretty sure you're the one who is incorrect.... our conference was garbage last year.... our OOC schedule last year was mediocre at best.... and the best games on our schedule- @ Memphis, @ Temple, Arizona St.*, we lost.... oh and don't forget when we got absolutely embarrassed at home by Jacksonville (not state)...

Lets not forget the @$$ whooping we took at Duquesne that was worse than the final box score said (we only lost by 9, but it felt like we lost by 20-30).

No way we would have gotten in

And before you bring up the stupid NET BS or whatever.... clearly as you can see this year & last year, your NET ranking is no clear cut indication of whether you will get an at large in to the dance.

Just because we won the regular season doesn't mean we were shoe in for the NCAA Tourney.

I think we played and under-performed our way out of the NCAA tournament at large discussions by December. I didn't see any bracket have us on the bubble (other than the AQ).

Not a single person had us even on the radar as in. Thats how bad the A10 was. Literally every analyst said the A10 title game was win or go home. This year there were opportunities but we just missed on them or squandered them by laying eggs at bad times. Last year we dug ourselves a hole real early when quite simply we had a team that absolutely should have performed a lot better with the talent it had. If our team loses the final last year and doesn’t go to the NCAA it would have been embarrassing. Even so we got rocked by St Mary’s then.

VCU was not getting in the dance last year unless every single underdog team in America failed to win a single conference championship, and even then it would have at best been a play in game ala 2011. No one had VCU in the field of 64 in a conference that basically sucked.

Back