Recruiting I for one am glad we didn't sign another freshman

Natty

Co-Founder
Elite Member
Insider
Happy to have Ty Foster and obviously had we landed Freddie Dilione (heard he's legit, a pro) or Silas (also apparently good) I would've been pumped (heard Williams who went to LSU was "ok"), but I think in the transfer portal era, it ain't a bad thing to have a spot open and ready for an instant-impact player. Obviously you end up losing other folks as well from the program to transfer or potentially early entry into the NBA, but KNOWING we have an open roster spot for a potential PROVEN D1 hooper, I think is a good thing. I'm honestly curious how college coaches will adjust to the instant transfer as well with how they go after recruits and filling up their rosters.

Bring on the transfers!

Happy to have Ty Foster and obviously had we landed Freddie Dilione (heard he's legit, a pro) or Silas (also apparently good) I would've been pumped (heard Williams who went to LSU was "ok"), but I think in the transfer portal era, it ain't a bad thing to have a spot open and ready for an instant-impact player. Obviously you end up losing other folks as well from the program to transfer or potentially early entry into the NBA, but KNOWING we have an open roster spot for a potential PROVEN D1 hooper, I think is a good thing. I'm honestly curious how college coaches will adjust to the instant transfer as well with how they go after recruits and filling up their rosters.

Bring on the transfers!
good point i think it is important to have a mix of transfers and recruits

If the classes are balanced, I’m always going to prefer a HS senior. The portal is always there for the unforeseen but likely transfer out.

Given that our staff has always been better at recruiting HS players than transfers this is some high level copium. Given that the transfer portal is now confined to a dedicated window having an extra spot in November doesn't help too much. What we need is a Ram Nation Collective to get these guys to come here.

Bring on the transfers!
Maybe Hunter Dickinson will enter the portal. We can dream, can't we?

Plus we have a lot of young players on the team. Even if we lose 3-4 per year to transfer, which seems to be the new normal, we still have plenty of talent and can bring in transfers to supplement like we did this year.

I will say though... We need a PG once Ace leaves. Ace is already a Jr. Wonder if the plan is to have Zeb take over if we can't land a PG from HS?

Plus we have a lot of young players on the team. Even if we lose 3-4 per year to transfer, which seems to be the new normal, we still have plenty of talent and can bring in transfers to supplement like we did this year.

I will say though... We need a PG once Ace leaves. Ace is already a Jr. Wonder if the plan is to have Zeb take over if we can't land a PG from HS?
I thought Nunn, as a freshman, did a pretty good job when Ace was out last year. But I agree we need a good pg recruit.

I thought Nunn, as a freshman, did a pretty good job when Ace was out last year. But I agree we need a good pg recruit.
Oh yeah duh, I forgot about Nunn for some reason.

Maybe we could use that last spot for Roosevelt Wheeler to come home....big fella played 4 minutes in Louisville's loss to Wright St last night. One has to wonder what his future is under new (and already embattled) Coach Kenny Payne...

Maybe we could use that last spot for Roosevelt Wheeler to come home....big fella played 4 minutes in Louisville's loss to Wright St last night. One has to wonder what his future is under new (and already embattled) Coach Kenny Payne...
How the mighty have fallen.

Bring on the transfers!
Smart to keep that one spot open, with the Martelli UM-VCU connect. But in the end it needs to be the right fit. Kids see that the coaching staff can coach you up and provide you with a chance to get paid to play in the future.

Bring on the transfers!
There was one 80-second stint last night where transfers took over.

Back