Recruiting Jayden Reid

Looking at a little video on him. Wow, he looks really good! Pass first, but very capable scorer too. He's been playing with and against some of the best players in the country and showing he's one of them. Latest I can find is around 150 247 comp. One year learning from Ace, then we have a top point guard. Let's get him!

Yeah, he finds his guys in a place where they can do damage.
Saw some video against Oak Hill and LaLumiere, two of the best programs in the country. He was as good as anyone on the court. This guy is a steal, how have the P5s missed him. I don't care if he's only 5'10, he has 6'10" impact.

He's a top 150 composite player, would be a good pickup. The knock against him is his height which is why he isn't more highly recruited.

from the article:

1675138595517.png

He's a top 150 composite player, would be a good pickup. The knock against him is his height which is why he isn't more highly recruited.

from the article:

View attachment 12375
A few years ago, sitting in a gym watching a 6'0"ish (probably 5'11") guy dominate a team with 4 guys on the court 6'6" or better. I said to myself if he was two inches taller he'd be the best high school player I'd ever seen live.
As people realize just how good Ace really is he is trending taller. I see we list him as 6'2" sometimes when we have our roster comparisons on the game threads here. I usually chuckle at that.
Though I don't want to get into direct comparisons with Ace, I do think that same kind of thing with Reid. I would love to see us get him! If the only reason we can is that he is 5'10" instead of 6'2" so be it. He has the potential to be great here. By his Jr. year we'll list him at 6'2" also maybe, even if he doesn't grow and inch.

I personally enjoy NY/NJ ballers....That being said, by the time he's a freshman, Zeb will be a junior...so yea, we'll need that "next PG in line"

If he's what MR and Staff wants? Works for me...

Don't let Jayden's size fool you. He can do serious damage at 5'11" and is likely still growing. He would be a great get for the Rams. He is that classic player that was well thought of previously but really blew-up this season. There are always prospects in the late signing period that experience this. Player development is dynamic not static. He is top 150 in Rivals and now 119 nationally in prephoops. He's on the move.

I am hoping that we can get Jayden on campus soon for an official. He would be a fantastic heir apparent to Ace. With the opportunity to play with Ace for a year he could then step-up and take the leadership role. Having a smooth transition at the point position is crucial. I would like for us to land Jayden and a big from the portal.

Back