Jim Calhoun Should be Offered the VCU Coaching Job...

12UConnBasketball

Elite Member
2yrs/7Mill...with Ray Allen as his assistant and coach in waiting. You should look outside the VCU family and make a statement.

There would be no attrition of players. I am not a VCU fan. I bleed husky blue. More importantly I am a college hoops fan and all the good will being shown toward Shaka Smart is quite frankly not warranted. Not much discussion about disloyalty to recruits and the fan base? I think Shaka is a fraud. Sorry that won't go over well. He made a Final4 and since has been knocked out of the tourney repeatedly. His system is not the best for developing NBA talent and I said that while he was at VCU.

My point is I am not happy with how he departed VCU as a college hoops fan in general. Think BIG even if the above scenario is not 1 you guys are interested in.

Good Luck! Stay strong and despite the recruiting battles UConn had with VCU I have always loved your school. Texas can kiss my A**. Knock them out of the tourney next year.

2yrs/7Mill...with Ray Allen as his assistant and coach in waiting. You should look outside the VCU family and make a statement.
There would be no attrition of players. More importantly I am a college hoops fan and all the good will being shown toward Shaka Smart is quite frankly not warranted. Not much discussion about disloyalty to recruits and the fan base? I think Shaka is a fraud. Sorry that won't go over well. He made a Final4 and since has been knocked out of the tourney repeatedly. His system is not the best for developing NBA talent and I said that while he was at VCU.

My point is I am not happy with how he departed VCU as a college hoops fan in general. Think BIG even if the above scenario is not 1 you guys are interested in.

Good Luck! Stay strong and despite the recruiting battles UConn had with VCU I have always loved your school. Texas can kiss my A**. Knock them out of the tourney next year.
Yes a fraud.

Not in favor of multimillion dollar salaries when the kids who play the game get hurt like that. Doesn't seem right.

Can we stop it with the F Shaka and stop acting like some ungrateful fools.
For every action, there is equal and opposite reaction.

There is nothing to be greatful about. We paid Shaka his fair share and made him what he is today. It's always about money anyway. When he thought he was too good for us, he left.

you guys have a big time program that was developed in large part by many right here on this message board and a great University. A strong fan base and culture. Texas is NOT what he thinks it will be. VCU can survive this and come out stronger. Not that you want to here this BUT UConn was left for dead after we were banned from the tourney. NONE of the players on that team deserved it. THEY ALL were MEN and did NOT BAIL on the program. UConn against ALL ODDS with a first year coach WON IT ALL. VCU is MUCH more than Shaka Smart.

Get fired up. You have talent, a new facility and one of the best fan bases in America. That Strong/Shaka pic was sickening.

Last edited:
you guys have a big time program that was developed in large part by many right here on this message board and a great University. A strong fan base and culture. Texas is NOT what he thinks it will be. VCU can survive this and come out stronger. Not that you want to here this BUT UConn was left for dead after we were banned from the tourney. NONE of the players on that team deserved it. THEY ALL were MEN and did NOT BAIL on the program. UConn against ALL ODDS with a first year coach WON IT ALL. VCU is MUCH more than Shaka Smart.

Get fired up. You have talent a new facility and one of the best fan bases in America. That Strong/Shaka pic was sickening.

Can I hire you to be my therapist?

Back