Joe is free. I repeat Joe is free!

Difficult to add without subtracting .... look for Billups' 17.5 minutes per to take a dip, perhaps, at least for three games (two cake walks and another in which Rams would be slight favorites with or without Bam the Ram.) Although circumstances much different, this kind of reminds me of the drama associated with Antoine Ford's belated VCU appearance in '89. Also Martin Henlan in '87.

Last edited:
This would be great, but I think even if he came back with no rust (highly doubtful), he may come in with so much excitement that he doesn't put up many points. Either way, I am happy for the man!!!
Luckily he’s been practicing fully. Games are no doubt different tho.

I would only use this in serious situations and not a loosely as I sometimes see it used. For all he did as a coach Jimmy V is best known for the key phrase to his famous speech. This is why that is so great because it applies to so many things in life. A few short days ago, so many on this forum and other were saying its time to move on, let go, etc, etc. I would like to express my sincere appreciation to VCU, every legal team, every family member and Joe himself for sticking to that precious phrase and philosophy. They never gave up and now Joe gets to do the one thing he came home to do.

Let Joe play is what I've been saying for months! The NCAA's is not the bad guy. And VRam can tell a heck of a story!

And beat Temple.

I've worked with a lot of lawyers who were tigers in office hallways and then clam up when they get in the courtroom.

The equivalent of being a big swingin' Richard on the message boards.

Great news on Joe, but how wild is it that the NCAA very potentially affected our chances of getting an at-large NCAA Tournament bid this season with yet another situation where they were arbitrarily applying stupid rules?

I get that VCU wasn't the only team affected by this by any stretch, but we certainly one of them and that's pretty frustrating. Obviously it's spilt milk now, but just getting it out of the system, go Rams!

Here’s the thing: I’m quite sure if the NCAA tries to yank a year of eligibility from these players after this court case, then we’ll see ANOTHER court case immediately.
I agree. The NCAA might want to think about this. Not sure the judge will like NCAA jerking these players around like that.

I don't know where Lane Casadonte got his info (would have recorded it but we were chopping veggies and listening/watching through the kitchen window when sports came on last evening), and don't know if this has changed since then, but he announced VCU would have a statement today?
On 11:00 pm news on Thursday.

Back