K-State Big Man Transfer Considering VCU

Mistachill

Elite Member
Great find Mistachill...I remeber watching his dad play for the Sixers. I can see how Temple has some pull for the young man. They'll probably bring in Bill Cosby to close the deal. JELLO PUDDING POPS FOR LIFE!!!

Half-baked Mcbride said:
Great find Mistachill...I remeber watching his dad play for the Sixers. I can see how Temple has some pull for the young man. They'll probably bring in Bill Cosby to close the deal. JELLO PUDDING POPS FOR LIFE!!!

hey wasn't bill cosby here at vcu like last year? Why don't we bring in bill cosby to close the deal lol

vcu_dan said:
Half-baked Mcbride said:

hey wasn't bill cosby here at vcu like last year? Why don't we bring in bill cosby to close the deal lol

Bill Cosby's manager and agent lives in Richmond. He's done quite well for himself as well. Very nice guy.

i'd love to be proven wrong some day, but i'm not exactly hyped over a kid who averaged under 5/5 as a sophomore at k-state...

xjohnx said:
i'd love to be proven wrong some day, but i'm not exactly hyped over a kid who averaged under 5/5 as a sophomore at k-state...

I agree! Those numbers don't warrant a scholarship...especially if he has to sit out a year.

Not great numbers by any means, but not horrible for 18 min per game. Kirill's numbers are actually very similar, but I feel that he is of great value to the team in ways that do not show up on the stat sheet. I am not crazy about him, but all I know about him is the stats. If the coaching staff is able to evaluate him and feels like he is worth bringing in then I would be comfortable with that. With a good attitude and a solid work ethic the year off could do him a lot of good as well. Banging around in practice with Kirill, Larry, Jamie, and T for a year could help get him up to speed with our system and style of play before Kirill and possibly Larry leave following next season. Have we offered him a scolly? Any word on any visits to campus?

Largely irrelevant..........check out Michael Doles numbers at Wright St before he transferred to VCU.

He ended up being one of the best I've seen suit up for the Rams. Extremely versatile/clutch/efficient.

Everyone should be judged on a case-by-case basis. Numbers can be quite deceiving. Did you check Fameni's stats? Skeen's?

Maynor, Stinnie, Lamb and a host of other Ram greats had very modest stats early in their career (here or elsewhere).

Opportunity, minutes, touches, system, league/competition level, confidence, health, coach, tempo, etc are all factors in overall production. Gotta see the kid play (in-person and in different environments preferably) to see what he's got. Gotta talk to him and others and observe him off the court too to examine personality, demeanor, work ethic, team orientation, study habits, etc. Lots of variables. Not just 5/5.

xjohnx said:

5/5 in the Big 12 is probably atleast 9-7 in the CAA with more minutes against worse competition

Exactly Mercury...Marc Egerson had modest stats at Georgetown and then ended up being a monster at Delaware. There are hundreds of examples of this...my hope is that Skeen will be the next to follow this trend :D

Good thinking, Mozingo. Numbers don't mean everything. That is why recruiters watch prospects over a period of time and not just read the numbers. If it were just numbers, recruiters wouldn't have to leave their office.

Back