Players Max Shulga in transfer portal

FWKXLMF3WC6SEH42YU35SSCZNA.jpg

This is not a good move by Max. I am sure how you say "coach's favorite player" in Ukrainian, but Max will likely get much less playing time anywhere higher in this critical last season.

Well crap.
Most likely goes to the draft. There was always an extremely low likelihood he'd stay. Much less impact on me than hearing Tobi's looking likely to leave since I haven't expected Max to stay, and I'm quite sure the staff didn't either. Tobi probably wasn't out of left field either, but Max was a lock to the point I'd have been much much more surprised if he didn't leave. Now hopefully we can sign Brickus.

Edit: didn't mean to reply to you in particular!

Most likely goes to the draft. There was always an extremely low likelihood he'd stay. Much less impact on me than hearing Tobi's looking likely to leave since I haven't expected Max to stay, and I'm quite sure the staff didn't either. Tobi probably wasn't out of left field either, but Max was a lock to the point I'd have been much much more surprised if he didn't leave. Now hopefully we can sign Brickus.

Edit: didn't mean to reply to you in particular!
All good! Helped with my "well crap" feeling, lol.

Let's be honest - this is the new age of college basketball. To anyone who says that this makes them care less, I think that's a very fair point of view. It's very easy and just to agree with the logic that not having players stay for multiple years makes it harder to care about college hoops.

Having said that, we all know that, come the start of the season, we all will be tuned in hoping VCU does well. We simply need to adjust to this new era of college hoops. Does this new era suck? In certain ways yes, but in other ways I think it'll make it easier for mid majors to make big runs in the NCAA Tournament too.

Darwinism baby - we gotta adjust. This sucks, but let's not act like Shulga was the best point guard we've ever seen, and let's not act like there's zero great point guards in the portal. There are some, and we need Odom to go to work. Losing Lawal was also a big blow, but there was a chance he may go to the NBA anyway and, again, this is just the new era of college hoops. Lawal was always likely to be chased by a lot of high-major teams who sense blood in the water that he could improve his draft stock by playing at a school deemed to be better one more year. I trust Odom will adjust and be aggressive in the portal, but there's no doubt, the coaches who adjust to this new era are going to very likely have happier fans than those that don't.

Back