Max Shulga

When does the NBA combine (I think that is what it is called) begin and end?

I think that makes sense. Also it’s cool that players can declare for the draft and keep eligibility. I wonder if Max would go if a European team came calling or if he wants to strike out with the NBA (potentially even next year) before doing that.

When does the NBA combine (I think that is what it is called) begin and end?
May 12th, I believe. Also believe the last day to withdraw from the draft is June 16th, although if you haven't gotten positive feedback, you can withdraw earlier.

Edit: looks like May 29th is the you're in or you ain't date.

That’s a weird situation cuz we can’t hold a spot on maybe he comes back no less that’s like almost two months of holding a spot open.

Last day to enter the transfer portal is May 1st?

I'm glad Max is getting the NBA feedback. Every college player with a glimmer of a chance to play in the Association should do that. I also hope that if he doesn't go pro, he comes back to VCU for his covid year.

That’s a weird situation cuz we can’t hold a spot on maybe he comes back no less that’s like almost two months of holding a spot open.
NOT a weird situation at all. Staff gets paid to put a roster together. I'm guessing that RO has known this was a likely outcome for Max for a while. Do what we can for the next 7-8 weeks and then we'll see if Max goes pro or comes back.

Last day to enter the transfer portal is May 1st?

I'm glad Max is getting the NBA feedback. Every college player with a glimmer of a chance to play in the Association should do that. I also hope that if he doesn't go pro, he comes back to VCU for his covid year.

Yes last day to enter the Portal is May 1st..... and the Combine is not til May 12th

So hes declared for the draft, but maintaining college eligibility. So, if he has not entered the portal by May 1st.... then it'll either be hes going pro (G-League, NBA, overseas... or whatever) or coming back to VCU.

However, if he enters the portal before May 1st.... then technically all 3 options are on the Table.... and he'd have til I think someone said May 29th? to un-declare for the draft.

Obviously depending on whether Odom holds a spot open for him on our roster.

I've long expected that Max would go pro OR come back for his 5th college year at VCU. I never thought he'd transfer again. He's a starter here and it appears that he has a good reputation with RO & Staff.

Best of luck to Max. Hopefully he receives good feedback from the NBA Combine.

Back