Max Shulga

As much as I’d love to have Max back, I honestly hope he works his tail off, gets drafted, then makes a roster. In my opinion, that’s better long-term for VCU than getting him back for one season. That would be another NBA player for VCU, plus a huge recruiting chip for Odom and staff.

As much as I’d love to have Max back, I honestly hope he works his tail off, gets drafted, then makes a roster. In my opinion, that’s better long-term for VCU than getting him back for one season. That would be another NBA player for VCU, plus a huge recruiting chip for Odom and staff.

I would prefer for all of that to happen after next season, with his stock even higher than it is now. Would you have wanted Maynor and Graham to leave a year early from VCU just so the coaches could say "I develop NBA players!"???

Have you been drinking? What’s better for VCU long term is putting the best players on the floor, getting to the Dance, winning a game, retaining new talent, then having guys get to the league.

That’s the formula, now enjoy your Bourbon.

Have you been drinking? What’s better for VCU long term is putting the best players on the floor, getting to the Dance, winning a game, retaining new talent, then having guys get to the league.

That’s the formula, now enjoy your Bourbon.
Bring Max back and tell me how much of that is guaranteed. None of it. Who’s to say we don’t have a worse season and his stock plummets? If you can get drafted, you take the money. Not even debatable for a kid in Max’s situation.

Also, all of these soft little diva athletes running around these days only care about individual success; it’s the majority of their generation. They just want to hear about how you’ll get them to the NBA. Well, Odom has a formula if Max gets drafted.

As to your snarky post, I was thinking, not drinking. Some people can think outside the box and see different perspectives. Sorry you can’t. Bless your heart.

Bring Max back and tell me how much of that is guaranteed. None of it. Who’s to say we don’t have a worse season and his stock plummets? If you can get drafted, you take the money. Not even debatable for a kid in Max’s situation.

Also, all of these soft little diva athletes running around these days only care about individual success; it’s the majority of their generation. They just want to hear about how you’ll get them to the NBA. Well, Odom has a formula if Max gets drafted.

As to your snarky post, I was thinking, not drinking. Some people can think outside the box and see different perspectives. Sorry you can’t. Bless your heart.
Dude stating that it’s better for a player to head to the NBA than it is for that very good player to stay and play for VCU, is better for VCU isn’t thinking outside the box. It ridiculous at worst, it’s making a chicken salad out of chicken ish at best. We want him to stay, and would be better.

Now if he must go, it is good that he land in the league. But that isn’t what we want or is best for us.

Not snarky, just real. Thinking? Nah you must be drinking. By the way, did say it was bourbon, and since you are a Ram, I had you drinking top shelf. How could that ever be snarky.

Getting Max back for another season would be nice, but having him in the Association would be absolute GOLD for this program. The ability thru coaching changes to consistently hand deliver players to the NBA is big time in so many ways. I'm with @Rams4Life on this one. And no, I don't drink.

It is a given that we all want Shulga back but that is a pipe dream if you ask me. VCU has Zeb and Bamisile and everyone else like Billups, Lawal, Nelson, Fermin, etc. In my opinion they would not be talking to Brickus if Max was coming back. At this point VCU needs at least one big man and a good forward. A solid shooter or two also seems like a good direction to go.

I watched Max play at Utah State quite a bit and at VCU. I was very excited when he tagged along with RO. He is a floor general who can really light it up. Another year at VCU with the same nucleus + a strong big in the portal would have VCU favs to win A-10. Best case scenario the guys make it to the tournament where they win a game or two and Max gets a huge boost off the exposure. My 2 cents, would love to have him back.

It is a given that we all want Shulga back but that is a pipe dream if you ask me. VCU has Zeb and Bamisile and everyone else like Billups, Lawal, Nelson, Fermin, etc. In my opinion they would not be talking to Brickus if Max was coming back. At this point VCU needs at least one big man and a good forward. A solid shooter or two also seems like a good direction to go.
Does Brickus play point or sg more? Agreed Max is probably moving on but I was under the impression Brickus was more of a lead guard. If he signs and Max stays then rotations do get a little weird when you throw Zeb and Bam into the mix. Having lots of talented players who deserve minutes isn't a bad problem, though.

What we need is for Fats to be able to play - and score - for 20-25 minutes a game but not fall victim to errors or getting lost. The guy has clearly shown he can score from deep. Needs a bit better handle with the ball when he slashes or gets into a crowd of players.

And we need Zeb to be a bit more consistent with his shooting and score 15+ a game.

The only question is that if we don't have a "go to" type guy like Shulga for the opposition to really focus on, will Zeb and Fats be able to continue shooting and scoring. It is different when you are not the guy getting double teamed and scoring vs getting double teams and scoring.

Also, getting a forward or a low post guy who can catch and score to work along with Tobi, then I think we will be pretty good. But that is a lot of "ifs".....let's hope the portal is good to us.

The summer should help Belle. He didn't really have much of a summer workout with the team this past year. This summer he will have 4 1/2 months to work on his game before fall practice begins. The same for Fermin as it will be the 2nd summer working out under Odom.

Does Brickus play point or sg more? Agreed Max is probably moving on but I was under the impression Brickus was more of a lead guard. If he signs and Max stays then rotations do get a little weird when you throw Zeb and Bam into the mix. Having lots of talented players who deserve minutes isn't a bad problem, though.
Brickus is a point guard.

Back