MAYNOR going to the Pistons If they can't trade DC's Pick

way to take one bloggers speculation and make it like fact. at no point does he have any source that says the pistons want or will take maynor. I think maynor could fit in Detroit but the problem is Stuckey's jumper is not consistent enough to play the 2. Also the idea of Oklahoma City taking on rip hamilton's deal at approx 11 million a year for 4-5 years on a guy who is already 31 and giving up a top 5 pick is lunacy. Now i know we all want to see Maynor get picked as early as possible, but being biased as an OKC fan i would love to see him there if they trade down in round 1 cause i dont think he would be there at 25.

I am also an OKC fan. They aren't dealing for a guy in his 30's (Hamilton).

They have Russell Westbrook at the one. Don't see the need for Maynor (w/ a 1st round pick). OKC can get a backup point in the 2nd round or in FA. I'm not an Earl Watson fan.

OKC is obviously hoping for Blake Griffin w/ the top pick.

If not, it's anyone's guess. Maybe Thabeet if he's still available. Maybe Sam Young at #25. He's tough, versatile, NBA-ready body, can defend, etc.

The core is Durant, Green, Westbrook. Presti appears to covet defenders (Weaver, Sefalosha, etc).

Collison makes a nice rotation guy. Krstic too.

Will be interesting to see what OKC does. Doubt it includes Maynor.

i think westbrook probably stays at the 1 but he could also move to the two with maynor at the 1. the reason for that is because westbrook can be a tremendous slasher and a great defender. one thing we see in the nba right now is you can never have enough ball handlers. i think thabeet is a zero and will be a top 5 bust. Sam Young or Terrence Williams would be a great fit to be a backup 3. Watson is gone.

rodney stuckey is the pistons PG, if I were them I don't use a lottery pick on another PG since they will virtually be rebuilding their whole franchise next year.

Well, Detroit's Coach is familiar with VCU. He did graduate from here.

I wouldn't mind seeing Eric go to the motor city. They were my favorite team when Ben Wallace was on the team. They sure did manage to screw things up this year trading Billups for AI, but hopefully they will be able to rebuild.

mwalvlior said:
way to take one bloggers speculation and make it like fact. at no point does he have any source that says the pistons want or will take maynor. I think maynor could fit in Detroit but the problem is Stuckey's jumper is not consistent enough to play the 2. Also the idea of Oklahoma City taking on rip hamilton's deal at approx 11 million a year for 4-5 years on a guy who is already 31 and giving up a top 5 pick is lunacy. Now i know we all want to see Maynor get picked as early as possible, but being biased as an OKC fan i would love to see him there if they trade down in round 1 cause i dont think he would be there at 25.

OMG :o oh well!!??? that's what I get for not reading the whole thing!!! good catch!!! :lol:

Back