MLB 2024

Happy with the Nola contract. I have many feelings about Aaron.......mostly good/great, but there is still a part of me the either wishes he was more of a #1 OR is terrified of ANOTHER HR on a 2 strike pitch.

First World problems, right @Beirne ??? Sorry man, Lance Lynn and Kyle Gibson don't move the needle much at all.

Also heard @RowdyPkunk and @Ramdog that the Braves and Dodgers were heavily involved in Nola. Dodgers gotta be thinkin Ohtani (heard it's them and the Cubbies) and EVERYONE wants in on Yamamoto

Happy with the Nola contract. I have many feelings about Aaron.......mostly good/great, but there is still a part of me the either wishes he was more of a #1 OR is terrified of ANOTHER HR on a 2 strike pitch.

First World problems, right @Beirne ??? Sorry man, Lance Lynn and Kyle Gibson don't move the needle much at all.

Also heard @RowdyPkunk and @Ramdog that the Braves and Dodgers were heavily involved in Nola. Dodgers gotta be thinkin Ohtani (heard it's them and the Cubbies) and EVERYONE wants in on Yamamoto
I was listening to a Cards podcast on the elliptical last night that made sense. We're filling in the back half of the rotation right now, and whispers are that we're serious for the Japanese pitcher.... Ooooo.... what a Merry Christmas that would be! :D

I was listening to a Cards podcast on the elliptical last night that made sense. We're filling in the back half of the rotation right now, and whispers are that we're serious for the Japanese pitcher.... Ooooo.... what a Merry Christmas that would be! :D

Well, Sonny Gray definitely moves the needle for the Cards. Although the lack of young Cards arms is kinda weird. I'm used to a seemingly endless parade of useful pitchers coming up through your ranks.
34 Gray
35 Mikolas
37 Lynn
36 Gibson
33 Matz
is a, how should I put this, a very vintage lineup....I really thought one/some of Liberatore, Thompson, and Rom would step into an SP role.

Yamamoto seems like a really intriguing signing option. We've never seen a 25 year old Japanese pitcher come through not only in their early prime, but also with, like, a million less innings on their arm.

I heard Rumors the Braves were gonna try to make a run for Ohtani as well.... and with all the contracts we moved already in the offseason.... who knows. But if i had to guess.... he'll end up a Dodger or Yankee.

Also a bit bummed Ron Washington & Eric Young left.... but happy for them with their new positions. Hope they both do well with the Angels.... good dudes.

Well, Sonny Gray definitely moves the needle for the Cards. Although the lack of young Cards arms is kinda weird. I'm used to a seemingly endless parade of useful pitchers coming up through your ranks.
34 Gray
35 Mikolas
37 Lynn
36 Gibson
33 Matz
is a, how should I put this, a very vintage lineup....I really thought one/some of Liberatore, Thompson, and Rom would step into an SP role.

Yamamoto seems like a really intriguing signing option. We've never seen a 25 year old Japanese pitcher come through not only in their early prime, but also with, like, a million less innings on their arm.
Hot stove season is still cooking...
Nobody knows what's coming, but I sure would be happy next season if I saw
  1. Yamamoto
  2. Gray
  3. Gibson
  4. Lynn
  5. Mikolas
I saw a report this morning that we're open to shopping Matz. I'm also waiting for us to bundle some spare part outfielders, perhaps throw in Tommy Edman vs Brendan Donovon, and trade for a pitcher.

Zach Thompson is definitely our #6 right now. They misused him last year, never really got him ready to be a starter and he was stuck in-between. He had a good run for several games, but wasn't ready. I'm hopeful that this off-season they're telling him to stretch out, and next season they keep him at AAA as a starter until ready to call upon him. Then he'll be "that guy" that you're thinking of. He's a LHP with a good fastball/off-speed, and he said in an interview last season that he was studying Clayton Kershaw, trying to emulate him. Not a bad guy to copy!

Liberatore has been a disappointment. Not lived up to potential when given a few chances to start. He'll either get one more AAA shot this season, or they're talking about converting him into a reliever (which we definitely need too). He could be that rubber armed multi game reliever that all teams need.

Rom, well... we needed to dump Flaherty and I think he was the best we could get. Better than nothing. We'll see how that goes. We got another guy from the Rangers when we traded Montgomery who I think is higher on the depth chart.

In other words, stay tuned. I think Cards' management was embarrassed last season and is finally going to break out of their "We're the Cardinals. Follow our way. We do all things right," and get back to some urgency again. As VCU fans know, it's been a long time since 2011. It's time to start representing the NL in October again and knock those Phillies and Braves down a notch! :D:lol::twisted:

20xp-clydesdales-2-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

Opening Day in St Louis today!!!
Good luck everybody on a fresh, new baseball season.
Thank heavens for a passtime that will take us up until the Black and Gold game in October!

Back