OT: Other conference tournaments

VCU played against Peay when it had the great Fly Williams - lost in OT at the Coliseum.

Chuck Noe scheduled some intriguing matchups - Peay with Fly, Centenary with Robert Parish, Canisius with Larry Fogle and Western Kentucky with Jim McDaniels, St Francis with the great Kevin Porter (oh my, could he put on a show!) ... some interesting games way back when. Rams really had to earn non-conference wins in the '70s.

I'm rooting for FSU, UGA, and DU. Maybe Iowa St, and Memphis I don't know.

Indiana State had better get an at-large but I have a feeling it'll go to some P5 team with 18 or 19 wins. The MVC final was one of the best games of the season.

Stetson gets their first NCAA tournament bid ever.

Reactions: DNB
Indiana State was one of the top rated mids, won the MVC regular season. UR won the 8th rated conference regular season. When top mids are being left out the NCAAT, I begin losing interest in a huge way

Indiana State had better get an at-large but I have a feeling it'll go to some P5 team with 18 or 19 wins. The MVC final was one of the best games of the season.

Stetson gets their first NCAA tournament bid ever.

Indiana State's NET Ranking coming into today's championship game was #26. Pretty sure they are a lock for the NCAA Tournament. They also have 28 wins, as does Drake.

Indiana State's NET Ranking coming into today's championship game was #26. Pretty sure they are a lock for the NCAA Tournament. They also have 28 wins, as does Drake.
They should be, but their resume is not the best. 5-5 Q1+Q2 (1-4 Q1), with a bad Q4 home loss to Illinois State. Teams in the top 30 of the NET usually make the tournament but I worry they might put a bad P5 like UVA in instead.

What type of shenanigans?
Near brawl in the South Carolina-LSU final. Things got testy with about 2 minutes left in the game and LSU down 7. Ball got stolen from an LSU girl around midcourt. South Carolina gal got into her face a bit and the LSU gal shoved her. Then Cardoso from South Carolina ran over and shoved the LSU gal to the ground. The brother of the LSU gal who was shoved down jumped out of the stands and onto the floor, but a cop got to him quickly. Cardoso was ejected and so were a handful of other players from both teams who came off the bench.

Bottom line: no punches thrown and the big shove by Cardoso that knocked the LSU player down was really the only physical dust-up. Coaches did a good job getting the players separated because it could have turned into something worse. Cops and security did a good job getting the LSU player's brother off the court and not allowing anyone else to get on the floor.

Near brawl in the South Carolina-LSU final. Things got testy with about 2 minutes left in the game and LSU down 7. Ball got stolen from an LSU girl around midcourt. South Carolina gal got into her face a bit and the LSU gal shoved her. Then Cardoso from South Carolina ran over and shoved the LSU gal to the ground. The brother of the LSU gal who was shoved down jumped out of the stands and onto the floor, but a cop got to him quickly. Cardoso was ejected and so were a handful of other players from both teams who came off the bench.

Bottom line: no punches thrown and the big shove by Cardoso that knocked the LSU player down was really the only physical dust-up. Coaches did a good job getting the players separated because it could have turned into something worse. Cops and security did a good job getting the LSU player's brother off the court and not allowing anyone else to get on the floor.
Wow!

I just saw it.

Last edited:
I watched it too. CRAZY.. they said all the ejected players will be suspended for their first tournament games, too. So South Carolina will have 6 players, and LSU will only have 5.

I watched it too. CRAZY.. they said all the ejected players will be suspended for their first tournament games, too. So South Carolina will have 6 players, and LSU will only have 5.
And South Carolina apologized. Kim Mulkey dared someone to shove Angel Reese, who Mulkey has treated like garbage all season and sat out several games for no apparent reason, reportedly because she got a COVID vaccine (and Mulkey is anti-vax). And all this mess started because Reese pulled so robe's hair.

Kim Mulkey remains Basketball Karen. She's terrible for the sport and I hope LSU takes a first-round upset with their depleted roster.

Back