Ram Nation loses one of its best, vcubob

RamChris

Insider
It saddens me to report that vcubob passed away on Dec. 23, from a sudden 3 week illness.

Bob was, besides my wife, my best friend. A long time friend and supporter of the program known to many of you. He was the kindest and most generous man I’ve ever known, with a natural smile. He is survived by two sisters and a brother. A memorial service is anticipated sometime in the spring.

The Dayton win was the first game I watched without discussing it with Bob. It’s hard to describe what that is like. This program got in his blood from the time he became a student and never left. Bob was a student when Dana Kirk was coach. Kirk offered an elective course on basketball which Bob took. He learned a lot about the game from that. He certainly understood the game better than I did.

Sorry to take so long to notify the Nation. Bob had the peace which passes all understanding known to Christians. My prayer is that the same peace is or will be given to each of you. It was the theme of Bob’s life.

It saddens me to report that vcubob passed away on Dec. 23, from a sudden 3 week illness.

Bob was, besides my wife, my best friend. A long time friend and supporter of the program known to many of you. He was the kindest and most generous man I’ve ever known, with a natural smile. He is survived by two sisters and a brother. A memorial service is anticipated sometime in the spring.

The Dayton win was the first game I watched without discussing it with Bob. It’s hard to describe what that is like. This program got in his blood from the time he became a student and never left. Bob was a student when Dana Kirk was coach. Kirk offered an elective course on basketball which Bob took. He learned a lot about the game from that. He certainly understood the game better than I did.

Sorry to take so long to notify the Nation. Bob had the peace which passes all understanding known to Christians. My prayer is that the same peace is or will be given to each of you. It was the theme of Bob’s life.
Condolences to you, the family and other friends. RIP vcubob!

What was his name? Obituary?

So sorry to read of your loss. It’s so so hard. 😔

May you and all who know and loved him also find peace. Grieve well and be filled with great memories!

@RamChris He sounds like a great man, friend, and Ram fan. Condolences to his family and to you.

So very sorry for your loss. May the fond memories of Mr Carlson bring you and his family peace and joy of his remembrance. RIP fellow RAM.

Sorry to hear this, Chris. Curious if I ever met Bob in my time doing this and rooting for the Rams, but clearly those who have will miss him a lot.

Rest in peace, Bob.

Back