Rob Brandenberg in the Youth Sports Foundation Tournament

I had an opportunity to talk to Mike Ellis prior to Saturdays game. Mike knows one of the Assistant Coaches at Ohio State who told him we absolutely went into Ohio and stole Rob Brandenburg.

RAMification said:
I had an opportunity to talk to Mike Ellis prior to Saturdays game. Mike knows one of the Assistant Coaches at Ohio State who told him we absolutely went into Ohio and stole Rob Brandenburg.
statements like this really get me pumped for the future of our program. lets hope it all pans out!!!

RAMification said:

That is just great! When coaches say stuff like that it's impossible not to be really optimistic about a player. The last time I heard anything like that was Auburn's Jeff Lebo saying that we got a steal in Larry Sanders and the he could play in the SEC right now during the spring of Larry's senior high school year. We all know how that turned out.

districtballer said:
RAMification said:

That is just great! When coaches say stuff like that it's impossible not to be really optimistic about a player. The last time I heard anything like that was Auburn's Jeff Lebo saying that we got a steal in Larry Sanders and the he could play in the SEC right now during the spring of Larry's senior high school year. We all know how that turned out.

Yeah, I think Grant believed that Larry could play in the SEC as well. :lol:

Great stuff about Rob though. Next year's team is going to be tough to beat.

It will be great for Brandenberg to get his freshman year behind next year's experienced and senior heavy backcourt. Get accustomed to D1, college life and learn from excellent senior guards who know how to win!

With Rob likely getting exposure with some PT next year, I see him getting significant minutes his sophmore year...in what should be a continuation of an outstanding and deep four guard team for 2011/2012.

VCU Finance 2008 said:
districtballer said:
RAMification said:

Yeah, I think Grant believed that Larry could play in the SEC as well. :lol:

Great stuff about Rob though. Next year's team is going to be tough to beat.

I'm sure Grant did indeed believe he could play at that level. :lol:

If I recall correctly, was it John Brannen who stated that they had more talent at VCU then they did at Alabama?

districtballer said:
If I recall correctly, was it John Brannen who stated that they had more talent at VCU then they did at Alabama?

That sounds about right. Hopefully that will still be the case when we play our series with them. I think we will, but then again I always do.

Back