Seniors plus Big Hass

rammad90

Elite Member
I had been informed by a friend that Vince and Curry were in fact moving on. Initially I was ok with Curry because while great on D he had a tough time finishing at the rim and I though he would be missed but one of the younger guys might be better served with his minutes. As to Stockard he has a 5th year Senior and it was clear that he was gone.

Then all of a sudden Curry starts cutting to the hoop, finishing, dunking as if he were putting together his own highlight reel. Now its Man will he be more than missed.

For Vince I was shocked because, I aways thought it was NBA or bust and Vince is a very young Senior.

Well it appears that both guys are leaving. Vince probably to high level Europe and Curry who knows. I am both saddened and shocked as at least in Vince's case I thought he would improve a bit more and have a shot at a better opportunity. Additionally, he would really help our chances next year.

After listening to the press conference I see that its pretty much a done deal for both.

As to big Hass seems he'll be around one more year. At least that's good news. Pretty sure if he had the year we thought he'd have he'd be long gone as well.

I will miss both these guys….have really enjoyed watching them ball, but have you seen the two guys we have coming in to replace them? VCU will be more than ok….

Jamir going to the moon next year with all of Vince’s minutes!

While I would love to see Vince and Curry stay, I'm also happy if they get to play at a high level somewhere and make $ while doing it. We do have some awesome underclassmen and Jamir coming in to fill the void.

Would also expect next year to start off a little different without our upperclassmen but once they start to gel and fill in their roles, this team will be dangerous with Ace+Nune combo.

My selfish self would love another year from both of them but especially Vince. Vince has a very good chance of playing somewhere and making money so hard to turn that down.

I may be bucking the trend, but I actually don't want Keyshawn to come back. It's not that I don't love his game, but he's already 23 and I don't think another year at VCU will benefit him. He needs to get to the next level.

Now, Vince is a bit of a different story. He was injured a LOT in his first two years and he's only 21. He graduated from high school young and didn't take the prep school year that's becoming so popular. I think he could benefit from another year at VCU.

I think what many don't realize is that the news of Vince leaving is not new. I did think Curry could come back tho, but I can see why he's out and I do think he can go play overseas....just want him to really work on his jump shot.

I think what many don't realize is that the news of Vince leaving is not new.
Do you have some news story that verifies that Vince is leaving? I have not seen anything other than him being undecided, or at least not telling us his decision.

Do you have some news story that verifies that Vince is leaving? I have not seen anything other than him being undecided, or at least not telling us his decision.
Only what was told to me by people who would know.

Why are we assuming Vince isn’t going to get an NBA chance? He’s a prototypical modern day 3/4. He’s probably not going to develop into a star player, but he has a very translatable skill set. Even if he doesn’t get drafted I’d be shocked if he didn’t get shot to make a roster next year, and I think he would stick.

Why are we assuming Vince isn’t going to get an NBA chance? He’s a prototypical modern day 3/4. He’s probably not going to develop into a star player, but he has a very translatable skill set. Even if he doesn’t get drafted I’d be shocked if he didn’t get shot to make a roster next year, and I think he would stick.
My suspicion is that he would have to go the undrafted G League route next year if he leaves VCU. I wonder if he stays, though, if he might be able to boost his stock enough to get drafted.

Sad to see them go but also good that we can get some more young talent in the pipeline and being developed.

Ur is an extreme example but with all their super super seniors it will be a total rebuild job for (maybe) their new coach

My suspicion is that he would have to go the undrafted G League route next year if he leaves VCU. I wonder if he stays, though, if he might be able to boost his stock enough to get drafted.
With his history of injury, he!! no, I wouldn't come back if it were me.

Back