Shaka Smart content building VCU’s hoop profile despite annual interest from other schools

Mistachill

Elite Member
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...e0f02a-d92f-11e2-b418-9dfa095e125d_story.html

In an academic community, Rao said, there are other ways he can think of to spend the kind of money they are paying Smart, but none that bring the return on investment the school and athletic programs get in return for success on the court.

"I've never spent more money at an institution and gotten more thank yous for it," Rao said.

Those thank yous also come in the form of donations from alumni and boosters that feed academic initiatives and other programs, he said, much like football is credited with doing at other schools.

Funny, this wasn't in the dead tree version in my driveway this am

And of course isn't on the RTD website. Sigh.

I love this quote:
“I’m not saying they’re afraid,” Smart said. “They just won’t play.”

This article was quoted in the 14 million practice facility thread. I do this all the time, don't worry. This article was also in this morning's Va Pilot. The ODU fans must go crazy reading about VCU once a week in their home town paper and yet the Times Disgrace won't print the article.

This article was quoted in the 14 million practice facility thread. I do this all the time, don't worry. This article was also in this morning's Va Pilot. The ODU fans must go crazy reading about VCU once a week in their home town paper and yet the Times Disgrace won't print the article.

Well, I think it deserves it's own thread anyway.

Where was it posted? I always try to check before starting threads. Sorry if I missed it.

It was an AP wire story so it was picked up by a dozen major papers cross-country. It was inevitable that it would be posted and re-posted, you just happened to be the guy to do it (this time).

Some people do not wade through threads so when they see it in a thread title they are more apt to find it.

TD has always been a UR sort of paper when they're not making google eyes at UVa.
Whatever... who reads that thing anymore anyway ?

Back