Should we still have Gold Rush Dancers?

Should we still have Gold Rush Dancers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m gonna be honest here: things kind of got a little weird about 2013-14 or so. There was an abrupt increase in emphasis on “sexiness” at that point and it’s increased even more since then. There have been a few routines recently that I’m not sure I’d want young kids to see.

I have no opinion about whether to keep the dancers or not but the way things are going that’s probably going to change soon. If you’d asked me in, say, 2012 or 2013 I’d vote to keep them.

The Gold Rush Dancers have taken the limelight from the Cheer Squad. Typically I like to let things be but I enjoy the band and cheerleaders more than the Gold Rush Dancers.

The above statement provides more proof that I am old than any level of AARP membership.

Thanks for posting this poll Ed.

I love that one of the options mentions something about being sexist..... How is it sexist, just because you only pretty much only see Female dance teams? Have their been any men turned down strictly based on the fact that their a male? We have Male Cheerleaders... and have for years.... but how many guys do you know walk around saying/thinking "I wish I could be a Gold Rush Dancer"? If there guys that want to..... let them try out.... and if they're good enough... let them join.... but I don't expect their to be many male tryouts.

attachment.php

Back