10 of 13 players have at least one year practice with the team
Style and pace of play should be similar or faster than last year
There is a lot of talent on this team

Team Chemistry minuses:
All new coaching staff
#1 player, point guard, team leader gone
5 of 13 have not played one minute for the Rams
There is a lot of talent on this team

If there is one or two keys to acing chemistry this year, I say they are how well the coaching staff does and whether someone or a committee of several players step up to fill the leadership void left by Eric.

I'm optimistic on both counts and agree with the bold prediction that we will be Top 25 before the end of the season.

vcu_dan said:
Rambler said:
DCRAM said:
We'll be in the Top 25 by January....book it! 8-) (yea I know what I said)

I agree...we will be in the TOP 25 at some point this year!

now I love vcu...but are you serious? Maybe I'm just pessimistic but I don't see that happening. Obviously we aren't going to be at the bottom of the caa next year, but we did get beat by northeartern last year with maynor. We lost maynor and they didn't lose matt janning. Granted they fell apart towards the end last year, but I still feel like its going to be a tough battle with mason and northeastern for 1st in the caa. Top 25 is a whole other issue lol.
That is correct Northeastern ran out of steam at the end of the year when it counted the most....and they looked terrible in the Caa tournament. To be honest I think ODU is going to more of a factor than either one (as much as it pains me to say it)......I am of the mindset that we can be even better than last year...that is not an unrealistic or far fetched notion....NU has good shooters but they are not great atheletes....you can run them off of the floor...they live and die by the jumper....cant win championships like that....still have to have an inside out game when you get to a certain level....just my opinion :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

Foreign students tend to score higher than American students on those standardized tests. Based on that generalization, I would say our team hopes for a good showing in chemistry fall on Karill, although I'm not sure what he is majoring in. It would be kind of interesting to see all the guys clowning around in the science lab. Just remember to wear your safety glasses and gloves when handling those chemicals.

The truth is that we have no idea what is going to happen. But I think we will play a very similar style, and system as we have the last few years. Add to that the fact that we have 3 / 4 returning starters coming back in- in Joey, Brad, Larry & KP. Then you are really only adding to the core- as others have stated. So I don't think the chemistry should automatically be a total mess. But then again, I wouldn't expect it to be perfect either.

None of us has a crystal ball (well.... maybe a few of you do!!).... but seriously- we really just don't know how the chemistry will be. But I personally think we're gonna be OK. Losing Eric kills everywhere- chemistry included. But we have some serious talent coming in as well, which could off-set that loss- and then some. It certainly isn't guaranteed though. I guess we'll find out in a few months. It's gonna be fun!!

Back