The JRod appreciation thread

Duhhh!!! And this is coming from a guy (me) that didn't support Joey for all 4 of his years.

I am not for micro managing, but this should be an area where Ed steps in and says "Will Wade -make this happen". I don't give a cr@p about it being Wade's sole decision. That BS. We all see what happens when we let a coach fully run his program. He leaves for a better job and leaves the program in shambles (in terms of staff) and the only Havoc is left on the psyches of the players. We have seen this way too many times here. VCU has given Wade a tremendous opportunity. Let's mitigate any losses that may come down the road should Wade move on and put ONE OF OUR OWN on the staff. Someone who will feel VCU is a destination job and not a stepping stone. And the only way to do this is to get someone that has VCU in there DNA.

VCU AD should have a say in 1 position on the MBB staff (aside from the HC). It is way too important of a program for us to ever be left blind sided again by a mass exodus.

Will Wade hasn't coached one game yet and yet in almost every thread its brought up that is a stepping stone for him... Can the guy coach ONE GAME.... we have no clue where the trajectory of this program is gonna go.. why does this keep getting brought up in every single thread.. i dont get it.. Talking and speculating about things that none of us have any the smallest clue about it.. I mean read the recruiting threads.. "we shouldn't recruit high level guys because Will Wade is gonna leave"... where do you all get this nonsense from... There is turnover at EVERY job in America.. Everything is a stepping stone. For all we know VCU could elevate to ridiculous heights in the next few years and Wade may turn into Mark Few east, or he could absolutely tank the program..Unfortunately none of us can tell the future.

As far as this topic goes, I'm all for hiring Joey. He should def be a part of the program.

The best way to predict the future is to study the past and if anyone thinks that Will Wade will stay here for 20 years and VCU will finally have a 2 decade period of stability in its program from a coaching standpoint needs to come to my house so I can sell them the Hibbs building (I own it -really).
Can Will be a permanent fixture? Yes. But di I ever want to be left blindsided again as a program? heck NO!!!

Well if I study the past then it'll show me that every coaching job in America average tenure is 5 years.. Every coaching job in America is a potential stepping stone! Who would be shocked if John Calipari left in 2 years to coach the Lakers? Nobody.. Who was shocked when Roy Williams left Kansas?.... People look at Few, Izzo, and K and think hey! we should get a "lifer" like them. They are outliers! They are the 0.5%.. To think we should hire joey to groom him to be a lifer is non-sense.. Why would he be any differnt than the other 99% of other coaches... People leave their jobs in every profession in life for more money and a "perceived" chance at more opportunity/responsibility... I understand Shaka leaving hurt, but why are we talking about a guy leaving again who hasnt coached a game yet. Thats all I'm saying

Will Wade hasn't coached one game yet and yet in almost every thread its brought up that is a stepping stone for him... Can the guy coach ONE GAME....
The funny thing is that VCU IS in Will Wade's blood. I do not even know where people get their information from. He wanted to be a VCU Ram again and he has a vision for our program. I will not go into what I know but when he was hired certain coaches were mentioned that have established their programs while coaching decades at their schools. Enjoy folks! Coach Wade has black & gold running through his veins.
As for as JRod goes we love the guy and if it would work out then that would be great. That is up to WW to decide.

Last edited:
I love the guy and love fans showing love to Joey, however, this is really a very rude way to go about this. It is rude to do to a new coach and it is certainly rude to put Joey in this spot. There is usually a very logical reason for Joey being where he is right now. Trust me when I say, this thread will be best to pass on to the back pages.

Back