The Official Beat the Duquesne Dukes for the 2024 Atlantic 10 Conference Title Thread

Tomorrow is game day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I think of St. Josephs University I think about not being a bad team that has had success in our conf tournament. Don't look ahead and cook the goose in front of us!

Tomorrow is game day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I think of St. Josephs University I think about not being a bad team that has had success in our conf tournament. Don't look ahead and cook the goose in front of us!
Just stop their guards from hitting 3's

This is the official beat everybody thread. We are the #5 seed.

• First Round: Bye
  • Second Round: #5 VCU defeated #12 Fordham 69-62
  • Quarterfinals: #5 VCU defeated #4 UMass 73-59
  • Semifinals: #5 VCU vs. #9 St. Joseph's, Saturday March 16th at 1:00pm on CBS Sports Network / 910 AM / 105.1 FM / VCU Athletics app
    • History: VCU is 12-5 all-time against St. Joseph's.
    • Last Meeting: VCU defeated St. Joseph's 73-69 at the Siegel Center on February 25, 2024.
You have 910 AM as source. Is that safe I can listen to it on my Audacy app tomorrow for the semifinal game? And I was watching some YOUTUBE video earlier on the game played yesterday and it appears to have been taken down.

VCU does not appear on ESPN's main NCAAM schedule for tomorrow and misterchilll's upload has been f'd with. I BLAME USA Network.

I tried to listen to the game yesterday but apparently our 'flagship' station did not air it 910 the fan. I was pissed that at least I could listen to the broadcast on the phone and live scoring on my espn on my phone. Neither one I could get. WTF/ At least I didn't have to call the newspaper office for their recorded sports results. But seriously why did 910 not air the game?
98.5FM plays the games

You have 910 AM as source. Is that safe I can listen to it on my Audacy app tomorrow for the semifinal game? And I was watching some YOUTUBE video earlier on the game played yesterday and it appears to have been taken down.
VCU's website always posts the link to radio on their schedule or game day page.

In case people have forgotten, St. Joes has good guards and plays 3 of them. Nelson’s minutes need to be good ones. Belle should see some time guarding these guys.

Tomorrow we may see more Fats! Who knows? I trust Coach Odom to have the right players on the floor at the right time.

Go Rams!! I will be unable to watch tomorrow's game real time but I hope the team continues their great W streak and beats St Joe's!

They are a lock, but I can’t figure out why they’ve been ranked all season. They have some weird losses, and no particularly spectacular wins. One week they lost to us and went UP two spots in the top 25, and I know it’s about what other teams do too, but college bball has had no shortage of really good teams this year that surely outplayed Dayton that week around the same place in NET with no losses. Sometimes rankings just don’t make sense to me.

Dayton has been a weird mystery to me all season.

My biggest complaint of NET feels substantiated by Dayton’s inflated ranking. This year, even more so, what you have done for me lately, should carry so much more weight than it does.

Just a guess here, but 9 Quad 1 & 2 wins, though being 9-14 in those two quads isn't great. A NET of 24 and 3-3 in the OOC in quads 1 & 2, with no bad losses is probably the reason.
Or you're MSU and your coach is named Izzo.

Well the analysis for tomorrows game is extremely straightforward. This is not a Mark Schmidt 100 offensive sets type game. Lange runs the simplest scheme in the conference. It's all about the players.

Do not let Reynolds and Brown torch you. This is easier said than done.They accounted for 11/12 made threes against us at home. Reynolds had the team on his back yesterday. Brown is a freshman but he doesn't play like it. He is dangerous too. You simply can not let Reynolds go off for 30+

Our bigs match up well with Fleming, and their 7 ft Parisian can really only play in spurts. Their defense looked much improved against fur and they are going to look to get out and run. Battle of tempos here.

SJU wins if they speed us up and Reynolds goes off. VCU wins if they mitigate Reynolds and get into a grinding ugly game. Hopefully the last two games forged an identity.

Billy Lange is a historically mediocre coach. In fact I believe this is his first winning season there. if Reynolds doesn't go nuclear, there will be no plan B or C.

If our defense plays at the level it did Thursday, I believe rebounding, a few Tobi dunks, and adjustments prevail.

Back