The Official Beat the Duquesne Dukes for the 2024 Atlantic 10 Conference Title Thread

He just complaining a lot about COVID players being the only reason they couldn't compete as well as other teams. I don't think he was overly offensive at any point other than the disrespect about not knowing 22's name. You can't disrespect Ron and that be alright in my book.
No transfers

Is this the story?
No. Multiple people including RN admin/people inside can vouch too. Clark had to leave VCU. There was NO choice. Academic issues VCU has had before. Skeen had like a 1.7 GPA when he got here (He was open about his academic issues.). He graduated with honors I think. Academics is not an issue for VCU athletics with the tutors they have. Heck we had theft incidents/ issues/stupid broken window incident, etc and players weren’t thrown off the team. THAT SHOULD TELL YOU EVERYTHING.

Last edited:
No. Multiple people including RN admin/people inside can vouch too. Clark had to leave VCU. There was NO choice. Academic issues VCU has had before. Skeen had like a 1.7 GPA when he got here (He was open about his academic issues.). He graduated with honors I think. Academics is not an issue for VCU athletics with the tutors they have. Heck we had theft incidents/ issues and players weren’t thrown off the team. THAT SHOULD TELL YOU EVERYTHING.
How is a guy that came in and worked to improve grades evidence that a guy who purportedly failed while at vcu was forced out because of grades? I have no inside information, but Tre was academically eligible, I doubt he would have dropped down to d2 because you could see his potential here.

And fwiw, I'm happy Tre worked his way back and found a starting role with Duquesne.

How is a guy that came in and worked to improve grades evidence that a guy who purported failed while at vcu was forced out because of grades? I have no inside information, but Tre was academically eligible, I doubt he would have dropped down to d2 because you could see his potential here.

And fwiw, I'm happy Tre worked his way back and found a starting role with Duquesne.
Clark was not forced out for academics. If one connects the dots of the chant earlier and what would be so serious he had to leave VCU completely I think you’ll figure it out. This was out of Mike’s hands and honestly VCU’s hands. He’s very fortunate to still be playing ball like I said earlier. Good for him he’s making it count but if he’s holding a grudge against VCU for his reprehensible behavior he still hasn’t learned from his mistake.

Reactions: SWV
TONIGHT, IT'S ONLY RIGHT TO PASS THE HELLMANNS.

Untitled-1.jpg

What? I listened to it and didn't hear anything offensive. He made valid points and wasn't attacking or throwing shade at anyone. Nothing in his statement should have triggered you to the point of calling him an a$$.
I may have misinterpreted his statements. I graduated in 82, bleed black and gold and may just be overly sensitive

To me he came across as self righteous, pompous and implied he is doing it the “right way” (my words not his) verses how Odom is doing it. I guess it is irritating because every coach and program has their share of “stuff” they have to deal with and overcome and that comes with the job and big paycheck.

How many coaches have we had in the past 15 years? How many top players transferred out as a result of them leaving or decided to not come at all? We can all name dozens of players who would have been starting five on any roster in the A10 and many others that were on p5 conference teams.

I’m proud of our program and how we’ve persevered with winning continuity despite all the curve balls and challenges. Just me but I felt like he was discounting that and us.
Our record speaks for itself.

Let’s remind everyone who the flagship is once again tomorrow!

Clark was not forced out for academics. If one connects the dots of the chant earlier and what would be so serious he had to leave VCU completely I think you’ll figure it out. This was out of Mike’s hands and honestly VCU’s hands. He’s very fortunate to still be playing ball like I said earlier. Good for him he’s making it count but if he’s holding a grudge against VCU for his reprehensible behavior he still hasn’t learned from his mistake.
I'm not sure which chant you're referencing or why you're dancing around why he was forced out if it's true. I also am unsure what was so bad he had to drop down to d2 for a season but not serious enough to keep Duquesne from bringing him on board the next.

Duquesne has gotten hot at the perfect time. 9-1 in their last 10 games boasting a top 10 defense in that span per Torvik. They've won those 9 games by an average of 9.5ppg. While they beat us at home by 10, they get to meet Mr Shulga tomorrow.

I think that is a ridiculous position. We only have two fifth year guys. Also, the rules Odom followed are the same he could have as well.

Yesterday is yesterday. Things change, good coaches adapt.

Go Rams!

I may have misinterpreted his statements. I graduated in 82, bleed black and gold and may just be overly sensitive

To me he came across as self righteous, pompous and implied he is doing it the “right way” (my words not his) verses how Odom is doing it. I guess it is irritating because every coach and program has their share of “stuff” they have to deal with and overcome and that comes with the job and big paycheck.

How many coaches have we had in the past 15 years? How many top players transferred out as a result of them leaving or decided to not come at all? We can all name dozens of players who would have been starting five on any roster in the A10 and many others that were on p5 conference teams.

I’m proud of our program and how we’ve persevered with winning continuity despite all the curve balls and challenges. Just me but I felt like he was discounting that and us.
Our record speaks for itself.

Let’s remind everyone who the flagship is once again tomorrow!
He’s making a case for his job. He and RO are good.

Back