The Official Beat the Maryland-Eastern Shore Hawks in the Stu Thread

410504321-388645260176967-2660331822988063358-n.jpg

(OF NOTE: this hawk is at rescue to the west of the area and is said to be progressing well.)
UMESS will also need to spend time rehabilitating after they get hit by a RAM. But, like the hawk above, I hope they make a full recovery and go on to live a wonderful life.

I love Cape Charles!

Anyone who likes home and garden tours should go to the Eastern Shore Tour during Historic Garden Week in Virginia. Different properties on your every year (Eyre Hall is often included and is amazing).

Hoping to start Christmas weekend with roasted Eastern Shore Hawk on Friday night.
We went to Eyre Hall and walked through their gardens. Beautiful property.

The last time VCU scored 100+ was in 2014 against Maryland-Eastern Shore. Terry Larrier led VCU's in scoring with 21.

Don't know if he played against the Rams in '68, but the Hawks had a shining star about that time in Jake Ford, who went on to play accouple seasons in NBA ... later he was assistant coach to his brother, head coach Hank Ford, at Hampton.

Don't know if he played against the Rams in '68, but the Hawks had a shining star about that time in Jake Ford, who went on to play accouple seasons in NBA ... later he was assistant coach to his brother, head coach Hank Ford, at Hampton.
Basketball Reference says he was with UMES from 1966 to 1970, so he probably did. Of course, neither VCU nor UMES were what we would call D1 today so I'm sure the box score is lost in the aether somewhere.

I'm perhaps only person to ever travel to Cape Charles with no thought of fishing, camping or any other water sport .... heard rave reviews about a restaurant called Sting-Ray's ... turned out to be part of an Exxon station and you ordered at the front counter. Not a romantic get-away ... closed about 8.
Love Sting-Rays. Affordable and good food.

Reactions: DNB
Basketball Reference says he was with UMES from 1966 to 1970, so he probably did. Of course, neither VCU nor UMES were what we would call D1 today so I'm sure the box score is lost in the aether somewhere.

The CIAA was NCAA Division 2/College Division/NAIA in those days, with terrific talent, certainly Division 1 level by today's standards.

Some of the CIAA schools, including UMES broke away from the CIAA in early 70s to form the Division 1 MEAC.

Box scores: I don't think there are any RPI, VCU box scores available until at least the mid '70s ... that means no box scores for Creech, Wilkins, Ross .... and likely for much of the Dark and Harris years. The only way to fetch this info would be to go to the Library of Virginia on Broad Street and check the times-Dispatch and News Leader back editions. Everything is there if you're willing to look for it.

Back