The Official Beat the Utah Utes in Salt Lake City in the NIT Quarterfinals Thread

If Max is hurt that badly then he really shouldn’t be playing.

If he’s not hurt the effort is frustrating to say the least.

Come on, that’s just a crappy thing to say. He’s been battling nagging injuries for a chunk of the season and none of us have any idea what may be going on with his family back in Ukraine.
True but the family situation has remained the same all year...and if it is injury Odom would have said something in the post game press of the last game. Now he may still be battle injuries but the effort has just not been there.

Come on, that’s just a crappy thing to say. He’s been battling nagging injuries for a chunk of the season and none of us have any idea what may be going on with his family back in Ukraine.
He is Certainly not exactly locked in and hasn’t been for a while …

Agreed. Not sure what’s up with Max, but the fact we are within 10 without him and Zeb being on gives me hope if someone else steps up. Think Fats can be that guy.
We need to shake it up one way or another - if he hits two more, I bet they start to overplay, which frees up Bam

So we are within 10 with our best shooters MIA. More Fats until he misses two in a row. Might be his night. Let’s GO!!!
And that’s something that annoys me about our team. We’ve made a run, Fats just hit a three and the next four possessions he doesn’t even see the ball. The rest of the team, especially those running the point have got to understand that Fats is streaky. He was clearly on. The smart basketball play is to get him more looks. We didn’t do that after he hit his second. That’s just poor basketball.

While I can appreciate all of that, if he can't perform (whatever the reason) don't keep throwing him out there.

And that’s something that annoys me about our team. We’ve made a run, Fats just hit a three and the next four possessions he doesn’t even see the ball. The rest of the team, especially those running the point have got to understand that Fats is streaky. He was clearly on. The smart basketball play is to get him more looks. We didn’t do that after he hit his second. That’s just poor basketball.
That’s a crappy thing to say

Maybe they have nagging injuries or family issues:roll:

Translation: we need a true point guard.

You can’t just take Max and Sean off the court unless you expect Nelson to play a significant role leading the offense. Fats hasn’t done that much and Zeb can’t lead it all second half.

Back