The Official Beat the Utah Utes in Salt Lake City in the NIT Quarterfinals Thread

Belle is liability on offense, eating up shotclock and then stranding someone who has to shoot in desperation. His defense isn't looking so great tonight either.

Something about this team makes them uniformly timid...breaking off drives or passing up shots. A uniform fear of failure or some aspect of coaching; it's unclear the reason. However I think we need to recruit some guys who show no fear going forward or who have that aptitude.

Something about this team makes them uniformly timid...breaking off drives or passing up shots. A uniform fear of failure or some aspect of coaching; it's unclear the reason. However I think we need to recruit some guys who show no fear going forward or who have that aptitude.
We need dogs

Someone questioning his effort and saying he has given up, which is what I responded to, is worthy of response.
Even when he's playing well he can be go through spells being somewhat lackadaisical and casual with the ball. And his effort defensively was very questionable early in the season. So it's not like the effort thing is coming out of nowhere.

Fats lost on defense, Utah really exposing all of our players' weaknesses.

Bam will need to hit about 5 more of those this half.

I think traveling to three straight road games is just catching up to us. Has any other team in the postseason had that much travel?

I think the comeback in the first half was awesome, and even if we don’t do the same this half, it’s been fun. TBH, I’m a little tired from this season, and I’ve been watching it all on my couch. I hope our guys get a much-deserved rest in the off-season.

I hope we can get Zeb, Billups, Belle, and Tobi to stay. Super pumped Bam already is. I actually like Nelson. He wasn’t consistent, but for real, who was? Fermin was frustrating to me, but he has flashes of being good, too. I honestly see the good in most everyone who is eligible to return. Many thanks to Kuany, Bairstow, and Shulga for uprooting for just one year and helping us out. Always a Ram!

Hard to believe we could smoked this bad by a team that didn’t make the tournament

Shots are not falling for Zeb, Bairstow, Max or Kuany. It really is too bad, on top of everything else their shots aren't hitting.

Down by 24.

Back