The Official Beat the Utah Utes in Salt Lake City in the NIT Quarterfinals Thread

DL, I love you, but there is a vast, nay, an unfathomable gulf between both of those guys combined and Dirk Nowitzki

I was right!!

7' Utah Center Branden Carlsen hit 6 3's. 17 point to match his season average. The ESPN color commentator said that he's projected as a NBA draft pick

Announcers saying how we’re gonna be good etc, just run it back….talking as if NIL doesn’t exist still.

Praying we can keep everyone we can. Thank you Bairstow and Kuany for their last years. Hope Zeb, Shulga come back…no idea if Bam can come back but if he can I hope he does
Bam can be back and has said he will be. Zeb seems 50/50. Based on the last two games I personally think Max is definitely moving on.

Announcers saying how we’re gonna be good etc, just run it back….talking as if NIL doesn’t exist still.

Praying we can keep everyone we can. Thank you Bairstow and Kuany for their last years. Hope Zeb, Shulga come back…no idea if Bam can come back but if he can I hope he does
Bam already said he will be back

Bam has already said he's coming back.

Terrible game plan - if Carlson can go for 40 with single coverage, good on him. No doubles, stay home on their shooters, make them drive and earn it at the line where they're awful. Would've been a tough row to hoe regardless but tonight's scheme didn't do us any favors.
We may just have to chalk it up as a bad match up. Not sure what Odom could do differently the way we played tonight.

We may just have to chalk it up as a bad match up. Not sure what Odom could do differently the way we played tonight.

This was my thinking. They looked like 25+ year old men out there playing against boys. Any college team of UTAH has always been sus AF as far as I've been concerned.

I was right!!

7' Utah Center Branden Carlsen hit 6 3's. 17 point to match his season average. The ESPN color commentator said that he's projected as a NBA draft pick
You are closer to Carlson than he is to Dirk. Dirk is a Hall of Famer, an NBA champion, easily a top 50 guy all time, and was an entire offensive system unto himself. Making six 3s and averaging 17 points against college competition is not even in the same stratosphere as Dirk.

We're gonna need some tougher guys to compete nationally...or who want to compete. If I don't see some meaner, angrier, grittier faces, I'm going be wanting another coach. This team has represented the well-coifed tek vest all season. I think the vest and the soft boi lyfe have eaten away at the team's constitution and left their souls stripped bare.

It's telling the number of fouls weve drawn this season has maybe been the fewest in my entire Fandom of 20+ years. These guys don't like contact.

If Bam plays a bigger role next year we gotta get more consistency from him. This hot one game/zilch the next two games has to change. Same with Zeb

Gonna have to play D consistently and quit getting sucked in.

Back