The Tournament 2023

Couldn’t hit 3s all game til the Elam ending…. 2nd n 3rd quarters hurt…. But otherwise it was fun to see these guys back out there.

Anyone know what happened to Reddic? Also why was Jenkins off the final roster?

Thanks for watching/supporting. GREAT group of guys and we were super prepared, but we just had a cold shooting night against a team you can not have cold shooting night against. Zero room for error when the backcourt you are facing is Keene, Rice and German.

As for the no-shows. We really got hit late with unexpected departures. Treveon was why I built this team, but he couldn't play because I just think he didn't realize when he showed early interest that the TBT was during Canadian basketball league play, which is is in. Ju and De'Ri pulled out late for personal reasons and Duvee pulled out because he got a contract in Asia. So just losing two bigs and a wing who can do everything last-second really hurt. Hurt out options and our depth. But also by the time they pulled out it would've cost us $1000 to add a new player, so it hurt extra when you're trying to raise money already for hotels, a little food, etc.

Beyond challenging matchup to get in our first game, but love that our guys didn't quit. Really felt super optimistic early with basically all of our sets working with relative ease, but then we just couldn't put the ball in the hoop while they were draining threes. That was a killer. Also I really thought the offensive foul on JeQuan on what would've been a four-point play then then a defensive foul on us that gave them three free throws, reeeeally changed momentum. Could've been up one at the half instead of down six. C'est la vie.

Would be cool to do this again, but it is suuuuuch a process with all the money that's involved now.

@Natty Appreciate the effort & the hard work you put in putting this team together for sure. Sucks the games were also during the middle of the week vs on the weekends like previous ones were for us, otherwise I and some others woulda made the trip out there to see the guys play.

It was good seeing Silva back out there playing with the gang... he had a really good game. Good seeing Jequan, Marcus Evans, Gilmore, Curry & Shriver out there too. Camper & Adams were solid too.

Also good seeing old VCU faces back on the sidelines in the likes of JPR, Jamion Christian & Bo Jones.... all really solid dudes.

But like you said, we just had a cold shooting night especially in the 2nd & 3rd quarters and fell behind too much.... but hey, they put up a heck of a fight during the Elam Ending. And that was on top of being short handed for various reasons... and against a really good team.

Thanks for watching/supporting. GREAT group of guys and we were super prepared, but we just had a cold shooting night against a team you can not have cold shooting night against. Zero room for error when the backcourt you are facing is Keene, Rice and German.

As for the no-shows. We really got hit late with unexpected departures. Treveon was why I built this team, but he couldn't play because I just think he didn't realize when he showed early interest that the TBT was during Canadian basketball league play, which is is in. Ju and De'Ri pulled out late for personal reasons and Duvee pulled out because he got a contract in Asia. So just losing two bigs and a wing who can do everything last-second really hurt. Hurt out options and our depth. But also by the time they pulled out it would've cost us $1000 to add a new player, so it hurt extra when you're trying to raise money already for hotels, a little food, etc.

Beyond challenging matchup to get in our first game, but love that our guys didn't quit. Really felt super optimistic early with basically all of our sets working with relative ease, but then we just couldn't put the ball in the hoop while they were draining threes. That was a killer. Also I really thought the offensive foul on JeQuan on what would've been a four-point play then then a defensive foul on us that gave them three free throws, reeeeally changed momentum. Could've been up one at the half instead of down six. C'est la vie.

Would be cool to do this again, but it is suuuuuch a process with all the money that's involved now.
In spite of the losses, they put up one heck of a fight against a seriously talented Sideline Cancer squad. Nothing to be ashamed of there. The Elam Ending was quite possibly one of the best basketball efforts against tough odds I've ever seen. You did a great job assembling this squad.

Maybe if the TBT decided to bring a regional back to RVA...

I was looking back at my posts in this thread and noticed that we didn't lose until I stopped being negative about our chances. Whoops. :lol:

Tough loss...and I'm beginning to not like the TBT and single elimination round. That's really tough given the circumstances. Maybe they need to re-think that so there's a TBT season? Maybe I'm just tired of losing...

Back