The Tournament 2023

Such a great dude! Can attack the basket, also can shoot the 3 ball.... gives us some more height & length. Def a good add to the team in my opinion.
Lewis/Gilmore backcourt creates a lot of match up problems. This team has a lot of interesting pieces. If they can quickly establish roles they will be very tough. Great combo of athleticism and grit, high bb IQs!

Lewis/Gilmore backcourt creates a lot of match up problems. This team has a lot of interesting pieces. If they can quickly establish roles they will be very tough. Great combo of athleticism and grit, high bb IQs!
Will be interesting to see how the lineups shake out..... based on the guys we got confirmed, my guess is the lineup will look something like this...

PG- Lewis / Evans
SG- Jenkins/ Evans / Graham / Lewis
SF- Graham / Jenkins/ Gilmore
PF- Reddic / Gilmore / Graham
C- Santos Silva / Reddic / Gilmore

Lot of these guys can play multiple positions.... depending on going big or small.

Getting to Wheeling from RIC not easy. I have family in Morgantown, but Pittsburgh is closer to Wheeling. Driving over from Columbus also reasonable. I hope some RN can be in attendance.

Such a great dude! Can attack the basket, also can shoot the 3 ball.... gives us some more height & length. Def a good add to the team in my opinion.
I asked that he be added and glad that he has been and accepted. Mike is coming of his best year as a pro.

As stated, he can pull a big away from the basket, he can defend, and he can run the floor. He's a good addition.

With Jamion at the helm, if these guys buy in that should be good. Not saying the most talented team but we do have a competitive group. Especially once you add in the caveat that you cannot be an NBA player.

As a solid MM we have a lot of guys just under that NBA level that can flat out ball and have been doing so successfully and professionally for a number of years.

Will be interesting to see how the lineups shake out..... based on the guys we got confirmed, my guess is the lineup will look something like this...

PG- Lewis / Evans
SG- Jenkins/ Evans / Graham / Lewis
SF- Graham / Jenkins/ Gilmore
PF- Reddic / Gilmore / Graham
C- Santos Silva / Reddic / Gilmore

Lot of these guys can play multiple positions.... depending on going big or small.
I'd go with the Bigs being Gilmore and Ju your same backcourt/wings. As you state it will change game to game. I just think Gilmore and Ju and Gilmore and SS are a better fit as Ju and SS both reside around the basket.

I'd go with the Bigs being Gilmore and Ju your same backcourt/wings. As you state it will change game to game. I just think Gilmore and Ju and Gilmore and SS are a better fit as Ju and SS both reside around the basket.
Yeah I was just throwing ideas out there... like you said it'll change from game to game depending on the opponent & the matchups. Either way I can't wait.

Yeah I was just throwing ideas out there... like you said it'll change from game to game depending on the opponent & the matchups. Either way I can't wait.
I think for next year if I were managing the group, and wanted/need to raise money. I wouldn't necessarily appeal to a group of fans who all have to pay their pledges and tickets to VCU without offering a sweetener.

I'd cut a way a portion of the prize money and for investors rather than donors. All our guys are pros and grown men, they are investing time, as is Jamion. They get a cut. Others would invest money and get a smaller but reasonable cut. I bet that'd raise revenue lower cost.

Also, why not ask for sponsorships as well?

Not saying this hasn't been done but haven heard much.

Back