Toughest road game in the A10?

rambunctiousrowdyram

Elite Member
What do you all think? I mean of course Dayton comes to mind. SBU is always tough and students right in your face. Of course we’ve always been extremely tough at home especially in a packed house. Davidson needs to mentioned as well. Interesting to see where Loyola falls in this list as new members.

Yeah, Dayton is the immediate choice for someone not so in tune with the conference, but Davidson has always been hard for us.

What do you all think? I mean of course Dayton comes to mind. SBU is always tough and students right in your face. Of course we’ve always been extremely tough at home especially in a packed house. Davidson needs to mentioned as well. Interesting to see where Loyola falls in this list as new members.
I think it will be @ Dayton and it's not close. There is no reason why Dayton should not be good this season and playing at their place is always a challenge because they WILL have 13,000 fans in there and they WILL be loud.

Davidson is easily the second toughest, especially if the dang swim team shows up.

road trip to Loyola chicago and Dayton (since before spring term begins I am assuming we stay on road with 3 days in between)

playing at a new gym is always challenging and layer in they are a decent program with lots to prove as the conference newbie,

that will be the start of a two game road stretch that could decide if we WIN the conference or JUST finish top 4!

dayton is dayton like most posters said above - they got lots coming back, lots of preseason expectations and pack the house and have fresh memory of losing to us on Ace's dagger in the last 7 seconds (okay only Eric deserves that term)

go Rams (aka Road Warriors)

There are rarely easy games on the road In the A10. We seem to brring out the best in our conference brethren. We seem to turn chumps into champs.

I did some research, and if my research is correct, below is VCU's away record since 2013 at each A-10 school. FYI, the only A-10 school to have an overall winning record against VCU is Rhode Island. They are 11-9 against VCU.

A-10 Away Record:
Davidson 2-5
Saint Louis 3-4
Rhode Island 2-3
UMass 2-3
Dayton 4-4
St. Bonaventure 3-3
St. Joseph's 3-2
UR 5-4
GW 5-2
Fordham 6-1
GMU 7-1
Duquesne 4-0
La Salle 5-0

By these records, Davidson is clearly the toughest A-10 away game for VCU. Overall, Rhode Island has been VCU's toughest opponent in the A-10.

I did some research, and if my research is correct, below is VCU's away record since 2013 at each A-10 school. FYI, the only A-10 school to have an overall winning record against VCU is Rhode Island. They are 11-9 against VCU.

A-10 Away Record:
Davidson 2-5
Saint Louis 3-4
Rhode Island 2-3
UMass 2-3
Dayton 4-4
St. Bonaventure 3-3
St. Joseph's 3-2
UR 5-4
GW 5-2
Fordham 6-1
GMU 7-1
Duquesne 4-0
La Salle 5-0

By these records, Davidson is clearly the toughest A-10 away game for VCU. Overall, Rhode Island has been VCU's toughest opponent in the A-10.
What I get from these numbers is Mason sucks

1. dayton
2. vcu

3. Fordham (no energy in the stadium)
don't sleep on st Louis when there's a packed house

A-10 Away Record:
Davidson 2-5
Saint Louis 3-4
Rhode Island 2-3
UMass 2-3
Dayton 4-4
St. Bonaventure 3-3
St. Joseph's 3-2
UR 5-4
GW 5-2
Fordham 6-1
GMU 7-1
Duquesne 4-0
La Salle 5-0

Rams are Kings of the Rhoades in A10 .... this is an enormous upgrade from as recently as late 1990s, early 2000s, when Smith and McCarthy teams regularly lost away from home, almost regardless of the opponent .... the one loss that sums it up was Feb. 6, 2002, at JMU ... game tied with two seconds left, Dukes have ball at far end of floor. Long pass bounces between L.F.'s legs around foul line at JMU end. Dukes' player catches ball on bounce and lays it in for 67-65 win. No overtime, as it seemed evident. Everyone drive home safely.

I think it will be @ Dayton and it's not close. There is no reason why Dayton should not be good this season and playing at their place is always a challenge because they WILL have 13,000 fans in there and they WILL be loud.

Davidson is easily the second toughest, especially if the dang swim team shows up.
They will be loud, but some of us will be rooting for VCU, got tickets! Not sure where yet (may have an extra, more later).

Guys, it's Dayton. Don't overthink it.
Would you say UMass would be one due to the accommodations & dreary setting? I would have to look it up but VCU does not have too many road wins at UMass. I think that they have all come recently when they have been down. Oh and I am not saying it is above Dayton because that is the toughest for sure.

Back