Tournament affected by the corona virus?

Has anyone heard/read anything about changes to the tournament next week due to the virus? The only thing I read was that players were not allowed to shake hands. Kinda strange since they all will be touching the ball! I guess they will be disinfecting the ball every time it goes out of bounds!!

Has anyone heard/read anything about changes to the tournament next week due to the virus? The only thing I read was that players were not allowed to shake hands. Kinda strange since they all will be touching the ball! I guess they will be disinfecting the ball every time it goes out of bounds!!
If all of the teams decide not to show because of the potential of virus exposure due to travel, and the Fordham team shows because of their proximity to the venue, will they be crowned champs by default which will guarantee Bernadette her 2nd team 🤔. LoL....🤣

It will be interesting to see what happens. I have no idea how Italy is doing it but they are telling something like 16 million people to stay at home.
In all seriousness, I did see where a number of different sporting events were being held “closed door” so as to limit the presence of the public. But that doesn’t account for the player v player (or player & officials) interactions

In all seriousness, I did see where a number of different sporting events were being held “closed door” so as to limit the presence of the public. But that doesn’t account for the player v player (or player & officials) interactions

I believe most of those plans involve screening the players and the limited attendees.

Just saw change fees are waived for Amtrak tickets for existing tickets and those purchase through April 30.

The NCAA assembled a team of medical and disaster response experts this week to make recommendations. They basically said at this point they are not recommending the Div 1 tournaments be played behind closed doors. That being said, if leaders in the cities where the tournament is being played decide to declare a health emergency like they did in Austin (South by Southwest, a citywide festival that attracts hundreds of thousands of people, was cancelled), there's not much the NCAA can do.

The issue comes down to the fact that COVID 19 has a hospitalization rate of 30%, with 5% needing ICU care. If the virus spreads through the general public, our hospital infrastructure will begin to crack (best case scenario). Then you have people with other emergencies, some potentially life threatening, that won't be able to receive care. It snowballs from there.

tumblr_ppo0lizXXi1shp9dyo2_500.gifv

giphy.gif

Back