Recruiting Transfer Portal

6TH MAN

Elite Member
As the days pass, I see there are more and more Grad Transfers and Sit-One transfers. Definitely remember a few that were on our radar several years ago, but settled elsewhere. Thomas Allen of Nebraska rings a bell. Anybody else have insight of transfers available. Admin, please delete this folder if it does not fit in the recruiting folder.

As the days pass, I see there are more and more Grad Transfers and Sit-One transfers. Definitely remember a few that were on our radar several years ago, but settled elsewhere. Thomas Allen of Nebraska rings a bell. Anybody else have insight of transfers available. Admin, please delete this folder if it does not fit in the recruiting folder.

Several sites have the full list. Verbal Commits is one. I think there are ~600 kids in "the portal" at this point.

Check out @coreyevans_10’s Tweet:

Chria Clarke was Marcus Evan's running mate at Cape Henry and on the AAU circuit for 2 years.

I highly doubt VCU would be a good fit for Clarke. He’s a really good player but I don’t see where he fits. We’ve already 5 senior guards for next year plus he wouldn’t add any long range shooting, which is something we desperately need to improve as a team. Replacing 5 guards in one class is already going to do enough damage; 6 might set the program back a few years.

However, Bede on the other hand...

Last edited:
I highly doubt VCU would be a good fit for Clarke. He’s a really good player but I don’t see where he fits. We’ve already 5 senior guards for next year plus he wouldn’t add any long range shooting, which is something we desperately need to improve as a team. Replacing 5 guards in one class is already going to do enough damage; 6 might set the program back a few years.

I know he isn't coming. I just posted it because I like his game and he playes with marcus.

Btw look how quickly marcus skies to dunk from a standing position at 6'2!

Last edited:
Is Bede transferring? He would be sit 1, play 2.
Yeah, he entered his name into the transfer portal. There’s chatter that he could return to VT depending on who the new coach is but it’s just speculation.

Check out @Andrew__Slater’s Tweet:

Wabissa Bede (aka Captain Charisma) wasn't tech first option aND didn't pUT up great stats. But he was the glue guy in that starting five. The leader on the defensive. One of the best on ball defenders in the ACC and the nation.

He us a winner. Would love to see him at VCU!!!

I know he isn't coming. I just posted it because I like his game and he playes with marcus.

Btw look how quickly marcus skies to dunk from a standing position at 6'2!

Yeah, there are some good reasons not to go for Chris Clark, but if he was a sit one, play two, I'd sing a different tune. The guy is an athlete who could play anywhere from the 2 to the 4 for us, attacks the basket relentlessly (especially in the open court) and isn't as bad a three shooter as indicated above even if he is not the gunner we're looking for. Right now a wing grad transfer just doesn't make sense.

Back