VCU Club Baseball headed to Club World Series - Needs Some Help

MidPen Ram

Elite Member
VCU Club Baseball defeated Stevenson, Maryland, and Radford to win their conference tournament and make it to the Club Baseball World Series in Kansas. They're looking for as much help as they can get to get there! I saw on Twitter they have set up a GoFundMe for anyone interested to help out. It's located here: http://www.gofundme.com/VCUbaseball

I was a founding member and coach of VCU's club baseball team back about 10 years ago. It's awesome they are having this success, but I also remember how difficult it was to fund the team. Baseball isn't cheap to play (as I recall, it took us about $4k to play a ~15 game regular season) and a big trip for an entire team like this isn't cheap, especially for college kids! I haven't been affiliated with the team in years, but I wanted to share this here for everyone to be aware of our Club Baseball teams success! Very proud of what we started 10 years ago having so much success a decade later!

#6 seed VCU Club Baseball won their first game in the NCBA World Series yesterday over #3 SUNY-Brockport, 9-2.

VCU plays #2 Eastern Kentucky today at 4:00pm. Track the tournament here if you care: http://www.pointstreak.com/baseball/scoreboard.html?leagueid=1041#.VVY44gJXKm0.twitter

Of note: Also in the tournament is #5 seed Saint Louis, and the #1 seed UNC-Wilmington. Penn State, MSU-Morehead, and Colorado Mines round out the 8-team, double elimination field.

Yeah, it's club, not varsity, but who cares (I may be slightly biased...). GO RAMS!

VCU fell to Eastern Kentucky in a fantastic game, 3-2. EKU took a 1-0 lead in the 1st, VCU took the lead back with a 2-run 5th, but a 2-run 6th by EKU sent VCU to the losers bracket of the double-elim tourney.

Against SLU in the losers bracket, VCU fell 10-5. A 6-run 6th inning for SLU was the undoing for VCU.

Still, the boys showed well, and did VCU proud.

Back