VCU-GW game time set for 7 p.m.

D-Hoesevelt said:
Where's everyone pregaming?

F GW

I would suggest Champps at Pentagon City. You can park in the Pentagon City Mall parking garage for VERY cheap, go to Champps (sports bar) behind the mall, then metro over to Foggy Bottom and back to Pentgaon City after the game very easily.

One thing to consider though, the tickets appear to all be General Admission, so you would probably want to get to the game right about the time they open the doors to get a good seat.

Ram it home said:
if you are going to the game I would recommend driving to the Springfield metro station then taking the blue line to the Foggy Bottom stop. The arena is 2 block from the station.

Again, especially on a weekday when the garage at the Springfield metro station will be PACKED, I would actually suggest driving in to Pentagon City. Lots to do/eat around the mall there, and then a straight shot to the game on the metro from there. Parking is cheaper at Pentgaon City mall's garage too!

VCU4LIFE said:
Ram it home said:
if you are going to the game I would recommend driving to the Springfield metro station then taking the blue line to the Foggy Bottom stop. The arena is 2 block from the station.

Again, especially on a weekday when the garage at the Springfield metro station will be PACKED, I would actually suggest driving in to Pentagon City. Lots to do/eat around the mall there, and then a straight shot to the game on the metro from there. Parking is cheaper at Pentgaon City mall's garage too!

Going anywhere from Springfield takes forever anyway.

Positives for CBI-

1 VCU is no doubt a favorite to win it all- Meaning the Rams know they can will it all if they play as a team and play for 40 mins. Being the champs of the NCAA and NIT would have been a reach but being the champs of CBI is well within VCU's reach.

2 Momentum- VCU returns a possible monster of a team next season. Winning a postseason tourney that's the 3rd best in the country would go a long way in being a confidence builder. Winning the tournament would require victories on the road which have plagued VCU this season.

3 Pride- The Rams are disappointed that they loss their chance to be in the NCAAs. Now the team is probably confused and upset after NIT snubbed them. They need something to pick them up. Getting to hold trophy at the end of the season would do just that.

Negative for CBI-

Risk of losing- Losing this tournament would hurt VCU's confidence. Should they lose in the first round it would be devastating. Not to mention hurt their image of a strong mid major.

Away game- VCU can't afford a loss at away again. The team is probably frustrated enough that away games ruined any at large chances as well as NIT chances. VCU needs a must win mentality or VCU's going home disappointed again.

Why are we a favorite to win it all? Weren't we a lock to get into the NIT? Again, I ask, where is the money coming from for this tournament? RRR, are you making a major contribution?

mike7842 said:
Why are we a favorite to win it all? Weren't we a lock to get into the NIT? Again, I ask, where is the money coming from for this tournament? RRR, are you making a major contribution?

Road teams do not pay to play. The only expenses are travel and the CBI covers that.

mike7842 said:

uh Student

I'm a part of sraf but I don't have 60,000 sitting around. :lol:

Mike, did you look at the teams?

http://www.gazellegroup.com/events/cbi/ ... racket.pdf

We have very good chance to win. Hofstra and Akron are the two teams I consider the most threat.

Beat GW tomorrow. (according to vcubballfan1) VCU gets a home game against Eastern Kentucky or Charleston. Win that and its the final four.

Quite simply take care of business at away and home.

Then are we better off playing games away from home? At $10 a ticket, we would need to sell 3000 tickets to cover only a portion of the costs at home? Is this doable?

One of my co-workers is a pretty big GW fan he says similar to us they have the pass the ball around the three point line until you can get a open three offense. But unlike us they don't really have any good big men. Feels like Larry will kill them

Side note. Why don't we drop Towson from the CAA and invite GW? After all, they are the Colonials.

mike7842 said:
Side note. Why don't we drop Towson from the CAA and invited GW? After all, they are the Colonials.

Probably because Towson has Football

Back