News VCU head coach Ryan Odom to throw first pitch at VCU baseball on Tuesday

Perhaps the hometown guys that have actually signed with us, fly back and get introduced to the crowd at the Squirrels game as your "hometown basketball team" or "Hometown heroes have come home" or "your hometown heroes"

So, among Rams' coaches, who might have had the best arm? I'm picking Chuck Noe, who played shortstop for U.Va. and might have advanced professionally if not for a serious leg injury incurred during a summer-league game. Also, being from Louisville, Coach Noe might have had some "Slugger" in him. Coach Noe could have pitched and hit the "first ball," a rarity.

Mike Pollio and Will Wade probably have a flimsy throwing motion. I might go with Capel on this one. Tonight we will see if Odom reveals his inner Rollie Fingers.

Mike Pollio and Will Wade probably have a flimsy throwing motion. I might go with Capel on this one. Tonight we will see if Odom reveals his inner Rollie Fingers.
Or Gaylord Perry

Hold your horses .... is Ryan Odom named after Nolan Ryan? I'm assuming the Rams' new coach is a right-hander ... has VCU ever had a southpaw wearing the Big Whistle?