VCU to play UVa Home and Home?

Mistachill

Elite Member
Someone should tell those Cavalier dopes that Perdue is the chicken family, not the university.

It's best to get the contract with UVA before making above remarks!

Governor's Holiday Hoops Classic should be a FUN day! Hampton Will beat JMU, and we will demolish Va Tech.
With VCU's recent NCAA play, the move to the A10, VCU is now allowed to play with the big boys. They should be very scurred!

Yep. There goes the RPI. Oh well..... We can show them what real basketball is all about.

3. I'm glad to see VCU and Virginia playing a true home-and-home starting next year, as VCU coach Shaka Smart told us Monday on our podcast. VCU has earned the right to be treated as an equal by the more prestigious state school. Smart said that if he were in the ACC, he wouldn't want to come to the Richmond Coliseum, either. But it's not like Virginia can get anyone to come to Charlottesville for a true home-and-home. The Cavaliers have had schools like Stanford come, but scheduling is never easy for the Cavs, and VCU should always be a power-rating plus.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=collegebasketballnation&id=71451

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

It's actually a joke. Guess you didn't pick up on that. Of course, playing an in-state ACC team is a good thing. Especially if you win. But many of us who have been doing this for a long time, have some negative feelings about the whole deal. You missed the point.

To take it a step further..... UVA never game a darn about VCU or VCU basketball, and never lifted a finger to help us get to where we strived so hard to get, for so many long years. And now that we're on the map..... well, anyway. It is.... what it is, as the saying goes. I would say at this point, they need us as badly as we need them. I like having a quality ACC team on the schedule. But honestly- I could give a crap if the UVA thing happens or not. This is just my honest opinion on the matter. Not saying I am right- or wrong. Just how I feel about it.

To take it a step further..... UVA never game a darn about VCU or VCU basketball, and never lifted a finger to help us get to where we strived so hard to get, for so many long years. And now that we're on the map..... well, anyway. It is.... what it is, as the saying goes. I would say at this point, they need us as badly as we need them. I like having a quality ACC team on the schedule. But honestly- I could give a crap if the UVA thing happens or not. This is just my honest opinion on the matter. Not saying I am right- or wrong. Just how I feel about it.

UVA hasn't had a really good team since Jeff Jones had Junior Burroughs team that beat Kansas in the elite 8...Boy..Kansas loves getting beat by virginia teams!:lol:

Back