Video: Thoughts on VCU’s home loss to Jacksonville, with Ed Nixon

As always, thanks so much for your analysis Ed. So on target….also appreciate you telling all the folks who are in panic mode to calm down. The talent on this team will merge into a well oiled machine over the next few games and will be a force to be reckoned with in the A 10. I have confidence in them and believe they will triumph.

As always, thanks so much for your analysis Ed. So on target….also appreciate you telling all the folks who are in panic mode to calm down. The talent on this team will merge into a well oiled machine over the next few games and will be a force to be reckoned with in the A 10. I have confidence in them and believe they will triumph.
That may be comforting and possibly true. The issue is have we blown a chance at an at-large bid? Risky business putting all your hopes in winning the A-10 tournament.

Those of us who have concerns have watched prior teams "come together" and miss the NCAA tournament. Not saying it can't happen, but with each previous attempt at "gelling together and running the table" that doesn't work, it's going to take more demonstrated evidence (and repeatedly) to prove it can happen then it won't.

As VCU fans we should support, even through rough patches! Win, lose or draw these are OUR GUYS, we want them to believe in themselves and fight hard, we should do the same.

Those of us who have concerns have watched prior teams "come together" and miss the NCAA tournament. Not saying it can't happen, but with each previous attempt at "gelling together and running the table" that doesn't work, it's going to take more demonstrated evidence (and repeatedly) to prove it can happen then it won't.
We have to control what we can control and that's getting better. SLU game will be huge.

This is a one bid league. It’s a worse spot than 2011 in the CAA.

Thank you
I really enjoy getting the perspective from a former VCU player and someone who knows the staff and players on a different level than the fan base. Here's hoping that the players that need to leave their "cool" behind and play for the team begin to do that and this team becomes the one we know they can be!
Keep up the fantastic work! I try and go to all the home games, so I don't get to see you as an announcer all that often, but when I have had the luxury, you are a natural!

Back