Welcome Roosevelt Wheeler 🌹

Now its up to the 804, Zeb and crew. Let's not forget Zeb, Tobi, and Fermin they chose to stay and we have to be just as supportive if not more so of those guys. Zeb and Fermin were highly rated and Tobi is a freak athlete.

We at least have a team and now Dayton will not TOTALLY dominate us in the paint. They'll have to beat us playing basketball not just play after play pounding it in the paint.
If we can seal the deal with Reid just imagine being competitive with ANY program's interior play. This can make us a threat in OOC holiday play and in post season. This is Christmas for me ! Some on down Efton !

Where is DL? We are putting together his dream team.
Lol sorry, too easy.

randy-south-park.gif

And I deleted it 10 minutes later after thinking about it and realizing I didn't want to be like the rest of you when talking about players. And my post basically said, here are wheelers stats from college, he'll need to be much better if he wants playing time at VCU, otherwise we only get a couple of points per game from him. Others have said the exact same thing....look in the roster thread if you are actually interested.
I have never trashed any player that transferred or MR, so you can leave me out out your comment about talking badly MR, Ace ,Jamir, JDeloach or NKern. I am confident that his stats will be better than when he played at UL. He was probably in the wrong system with the wrong coach.

He had a rough two years but those Louisville guards were pathetic. All of them over dribbled and went iso every chance they got.
That was by design. Payne's entire philosophy on offense is "iso drive, then kick to an open three-point shooter". He was running NBA-style 5-out iso without any of the talent to make that sort of offense work... or the self-awareness that it's not going to work with an offense made up mostly of players recruited to play the packline. :?

Rose and quite a few others in this city collectively hold the hearts of more people that we can imagine, perhaps more than Ramnation itself.
A+ move by all involved (including him, his teammates, and staff, btw) at attempting to bridge the gap that does indeed exist. This means great things to all involved.

He played for an incompetent coach who did not recruit him and would not play him, and still had 10p and 11r per 40. There is a ton of potential there
I think that is the point he was making. Wheeler is good as long as he plays his natural position Post. He will get to do that here and had he been on our team last year, we likely dance a bit more. Maybe not, Mike would have had him switching out on the perimeter.

I am no Duncan Lamb but I do like to have a big guy in the paint who isnt afraid to throw his weight around, can defend the post, and protect the rim.

I could care less about per 40 numbers as they are rarely a true gauge of a guy who plays under 10 minutes. Heck using that metric Josh Banks averaged about 13, 3.3 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 steal plus Josh shot 41% from the floor including 34.3 plus 84% from the line. Taking away 3 poisoners Josh shot 52% from 2 pts. Wheeler on the other hand shot 33% from the line and 34% from the floor.

Wheeler will not be allowed to shoot if he maintains 34% and 33% from the FT line.

Again, if he plays his game he will pay dividends. Plus I do think Wheeler will really help Fermin.

Last edited:
You took many on this board to task when they made negative comments was about MR or the former players. Then you make a snarky comment about Roosevelt Wheeler. You are unbelievable. Maybe change your name to BradLionFan!
Penn state is always looking for new fans, and if you're a fan of incredibly ugly basketball, nows the time to join!

Back