Where would you like to see Eric land?

Oklahoma City, although I don't see him going that high.

It would be nice to see him in the same place as Jeff Capel.

How about Eric feedin' Wade to "Heat" up the joint?

ViCtorioUs said:

I like the idea of him in miami with wade and beasley etc however its almost the same as going to the bulls. Mario Chalmers had a pretty good rookie year there avg 10 and 5. There arent a lot of teams with glaring point guard needs esp in a draft thats full of great points. A quick look at every teams depth charts shows that he could have an impact in

Dallas (backing up and learning from an aging Jason Kidd)
Denver (backing up and learning from an aging Chauncey Billups)
Pacers (have TJ Ford and Jarrett Jack but I've seen reputable draft sites with Indy taking Eric so who knows)
LA Clippers (heaven forbid)
LA Lakers (aging Fisher averages less than 30 minutes)
Milwaukee (With Jefferson and if Michael Redd and Andrew Bogut get healthy, that could be scary good)
Philly (sources have said Andre Miller is on the way out)
Phoenix (Nash is coming off a great season but will be 36 next year)
Sacramento (In desperate need of help at the point but will likely have the number 1 pick)
Wizards (Would be tight, but will only happen if they get royally screwed in the lottery)

From the looks of things, there could be as many as 11 PG's/combo guards taken in the first round...so no matter what, itll be an interesting day.

r4m said:
ViCtorioUs said:

I like the idea of him in miami with wade and beasley etc however its almost the same as going to the bulls. Mario Chalmers had a pretty good rookie year there avg 10 and 5. There arent a lot of teams with glaring point guard needs esp in a draft thats full of great points. A quick look at every teams depth charts shows that he could have an impact in

Dallas (backing up and learning from an aging Jason Kidd)
Denver (backing up and learning from an aging Chauncey Billups)
Pacers (have TJ Ford and Jarrett Jack but I've seen reputable draft sites with Indy taking Eric so who knows)
LA Clippers (heaven forbid)
LA Lakers (aging Fisher averages less than 30 minutes)
Milwaukee (With Jefferson and if Michael Redd and Andrew Bogut get healthy, that could be scary good)
Philly (sources have said Andre Miller is on the way out)
Phoenix (Nash is coming off a great season but will be 36 next year)
Sacramento (In desperate need of help at the point but will likely have the number 1 pick)
Wizards (Would be tight, but will only happen if they get royally screwed in the lottery)

From the looks of things, there could be as many as 11 PG's/combo guards taken in the first round...so no matter what, itll be an interesting day.

Just speaking to the Dallas situation, it looks like former Northeastern player Jose Juan Barea has the back-up spot locked up for the Mavs. Not sure that Maynor would thrive in that situation.

districtballer said:
Just speaking to the Dallas situation, it looks like former Northeastern player Jose Juan Barea has the back-up spot locked up for the Mavs. Not sure that Maynor would thrive in that situation.

Yeah I took JJB into account when I said Dallas, but for whatever reason I thought that he was a lot older than 24. Upon further review I would have to say that youre right on the money as always.

Dream situation in my opinion. Eric Maynor gets picked by the New York Knicks who then go on to sign LeBron James and Chris Bosh with the 2 max contracts that they have cleared their cap space for. Instant NBA championship material and Maynor would be placed in the highest exposure region of the country with players that will only make him look better. Could be the second coming of Ed Sherrod but with more successful results hopefully.

districtballer said:
Dream situation in my opinion. Eric Maynor gets picked by the New York Knicks who then go on to sign LeBron James and Chris Bosh with the 2 max contracts that they have cleared their cap space for. Instant NBA championship material and Maynor would be placed in the highest exposure region of the country with players that will only make him look better. Could be the second coming of Ed Sherrod but with more successful results hopefully.

I just cried a little at the thought of this. This would make me happy.

MarcusNation said:
districtballer said:

I just cried a little at the thought of this. This would make me happy.

I am not a fan of the knicks but this would be a dream scenario and good for the NBA

districtballer said:

Too bad Eric would get splinters from riding the pine behind Robinson and Duhon.

Mercury said:
districtballer said:

Too bad Eric would get splinters from riding the pine behind Robinson and Duhon.

I'm not so sure about that.

15. Detroit 39-43
16. Chicago 41-41
17. Philadelphia 41-41
18. Miami (To Minnesota) 43-39
19. Atlanta 47-35
20. Utah 48-34
21. New Orleans 49-33
22. Dallas 50-32
23. Houston (To Sacramento) 53-29
24. Portland 54-28
25. San Antonio (To Oklahoma City) 54-28
26. Denver (To Chicago via Oklahoma City) 54-28
27. Orlando (To Memphis) 59-23
28. Boston (To Minnesota) 62-20
29. LA Lakers 65-17
30. Cleveland 66-16

i'd like to think philly would be an ideal spot at #17, though i'm not holding my breath that he's going to go that high. detroit at #15 may be a stretch as well. miami just drafted chalmers. portland drafted bayless, and blake has done well (and is still young). i am hoping and praying that utah and new orleans don't take him at #20 or #21, for reasons we all know. don't see atlanta taking him.

i'm thinking dallas at #22 could be a real possibility. jason terry has really found his niche as a 6th man. kidd is old. that leaves only jj barea.

i'm also looking at sacramento at #23 as being very intruiging. assuming they don't end up with rubio at the front of the draft, maynor could be looking very good to them late in the round.

all in all, i do think detroit and philly present the best situations for eric. it will all come down to how high they have him rated. for all we know, they could be drooling over him....or they could be looking at someone else. it'll be interesting, that's for sure.

I'm hoping the Sixers land him.

All I ask of Eric is to make me enjoy the NBA again.

Back